TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I thought it was a ripoff of the Next Generation episode where Picard lives his life through an alien device, except Malloy didn't remember in the end.

Also, I didn't like how they were casually were flying through time like it was a cab ride.

Bigger problems for me than Charley not knowing what a cellphone was or the basement they had to drill.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I thought episode 7 was one of the best of the season.

I'm grateful Issac rebooted. It would have been obnoxious if it lasted.

The secondary storyline was good too, though I don't see how lying was a good strategy.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
For the first two seasons, the show seems to flip between high-concept work comedy and straight-up space opera melodrama. But the third season, they seem to have "gone for broke" and totally embraced the latter.
That was my biggest complaint about S1 and S2 -- they couldn't decide which way to go -- comedy with dick and fart jokes, or a stand-up homage to Star Trek with great sci-fi writing. I'm glad they dropped that and finally made a great season of shows in S3.
My recollection was the humor settled a bit during season 2.

I'm thinking of recommending Orville to my wife who hated season 1 because of the humor. Was season 2 almost as much?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts