TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Kermie Loves Elmo
8,225 Posts
Clearly there's something that we're still in the dark regarding Moclan culture. I didn't read Klyden's shunning because Topas chose to be female- but because of the trauma she would endure by choosing to be female. Possibly trauma that Klyden has some experience with. More fear than hate and loathing.

Does it justify the shunning? No. It's still walking away from your kid. But ask families of chronic alcohol/substance abusers of the choices they've had to make.
Substance abuse and wanting to be who you are, are two different things, IMHO. If he was concerned about the trauma, he would stay to protect her from it. I'd say it's a mix of fear, hate and self hate.

·
Kermie Loves Elmo
8,225 Posts
I really enjoyed Twice in a Lifetime. I like how Seth isn't hogging the spotlight and the crew is really able to be the center of the episodes. None of the nitpicks mentioned above bothered me. I would think it's understandable she didn't know what the phone was. Kids today have no clue what a rotary land line phone is. And that's not a 400 year difference.

·
Kermie Loves Elmo
8,225 Posts
Another good episode. I did feel bad for Isaac and Claire when he went back to no emotions. I think it would have been interesting.

I hope they want to do more seasons.

·
Kermie Loves Elmo
8,225 Posts
Yes, very Star Wars-esque.

Didn't really understand why the shuttle didn't immediately go down near the surface while the fighters distracted the defenders. Why did it stay in the middle of the action?
Since it's cloak was flashing on and off, I'd assume breaking away from the protection would make it a sitting duck.

·
Kermie Loves Elmo
8,225 Posts
I do think them changing the Kaylon from a big threat to being on their side was done much better than I expected. So many sci-fi shows tend to do that in ways that I find either boring or in a way that doesn't feel genuine.

·
Kermie Loves Elmo
8,225 Posts
It was a nice episode. I got the impression they are doing more seasons based on how it was talked about by Seth recently (was it at a comic con where he was on a video feed?).

Anyway - I think they did an exponentially better job at explaining the prime directive than Star Trek ever did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts