TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Unknown Member
5,069 Posts
how the Moclans knew
I never met a writer who couldn't come up with an explanation. They had observation devices but not close enough for the whispered details. They had an informant who knew the arrangement was planned but didn't know the data itself. Maybe they just added two and two going in, to guess the obvious: the development of an asset would be attempted. Personally I suspect they ran tachyon particles in reverse through the transporter.

The writer is God, omniscient and all-powerful in his little universe.

·
Unknown Member
5,069 Posts
My favorite unintentional comedy is when the two pilots are doing hairpin maneuvers through mountains/rocks/ships/battle while looking down every second or two to press buttons on their screen.
The ship's maneuvers are all the execution of programming automatically reacting to the terrain, the actions of the pursuers, and the progress/achievement of goals set by the pilots, etc.; no continual control is required. The button pressing is to enter additional parameters, variations, adjustments. If I were the writer that's what I would say to you with a straight face.

·
Unknown Member
5,069 Posts
bad acting
I had been assuming she was a singer or a model or some kind of celebrity rather than a professional actor? But she did give good looks now & then.

A friend of Alan Ladd, late in his career, asked him one day at lunch in the studio cafeteria whether he had done any good scenes that day and he said, "no, but I got in a couple of good looks." That can be a pretty good morning's work.

·
Unknown Member
5,069 Posts
The last episode very much felt like a series finale to me. I know it was supposed to be.
Agreed. The last episode was the cast party. It's done.

Clearly this is the case of a little boy being given the greatest electric train set ever, and he played it for all it was worth. He conned his way in with the promise of comedy then did the StarTrek he always wanted to do. Plus a nice Star Wars homage at the end to boot. Time to move on.

I enjoyed it all and I'd watch a season 4, but what would be the point?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts