"Should we wear any kind of protective gear while exploring this alien ship?"
"Nah, what could go wrong?"
“the Admiral seems to be infected with some sort of micro organism”
”Should we quarantine?”
”Nah!”

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Now that we know that they simply need to turn off their dampening field to travel forward in time through relativity, haven't they just made every space battle irrelevant? Granted if you jump time just to get away from the bad guy then how do you get back?? I am guessing that if you travel yet again far enough into the future you can find a way back. Kinda like shiny sparkle girl did in last week's episode.
No need for that as they have that device, they just have to fix it, then they can go back in time and destroy the enemy (but they won’t as it will mess with the timeline — this season’s first episode had something about that, or maybe I’m thinking of Picard 😉)

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Is this the final season? if so, I would have preferred that Grimes stayed in the past (happening in an episode near the end). The Timeline couldn’t have changed if he didn’t do anything to make it change (yeah, I know, the kids, or their kids do something), but other than keeping his weapon, he kept a low profile, got a normal job, and didn’t use his knowledge of the future to enrich himself.

Rios was allowed to stay in the past with a woman he fell in love with, so why not Malloy? 😉😉

And if the Kaylon continue to beat the Union, will Mercer really not bend the rules (as he has many times before) and travel to the past with a repaired device to destroy the Kaylon?

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I know that they needed for Isaac to be different from Timmus for the story to work, but I would have expected Timmus to have been upgraded at some point to have the same processes as Isaac. Anyway this episode had some good parts, some bad (lying to gain trust for an alliance), and still think that this season could have been helped with some time editing.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Looks like the Kaylons are in a stronger position to wipe out all living races with the expulsion of the Moclans from the Union (“The need of the one, or the few, outweigh the needs of the many”)

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Didn’t the Kaylon state that their surrender was only until they can defend against the device and then they woukd resume to wipe out all life forms? So why would they allow their leader, Prime, to assist in recovering the device?

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
There really was no good reason for Prime to be down on the planet. It’s like sending the President on an away mission. It makes no sense. He could have sent one of his underlings.
Its not that, we found out that they can re-create Primus, so he’s not at risk, its that he has stated that the peace is only in effect until they can defend against the device, then it’s “Kill all Humans”, so why would Mercer give him access to it? (but in the end, they changed his mind by Charly sacrificing her life to save the Kaylons)

It seems that when Mercer gives an order you don’t like, its easy to change his mind,
I also find the numerous long closeups of MacFaflane unintentionally very funny.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
She was a navigator, not a pilot. Seems like her skills would be useful in that role.
As Charly and Issac were the only two who could create the only device to save all life forms, was being on the Orville the right decision, or would it have been better to have them on Earth building additional devices and maybe a handbook 😁

1 - 20 of 21 Posts