TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Señor Member
81,961 Posts
He’s been indoctrinated into the belief system of Moclas. When he says he wishes he never knew he was born a female, it’s because he feels shame for not having been born male.
I get why. But I still claim it should make him more empathetic, not less. Same with real life analogues.

·
Señor Member
81,961 Posts
Since they said something like "it will reappear in the future and surprise us", they are expecting it to show up wherever they are. Which makes no sense, but neither do most time travel stories.

·
Señor Member
81,961 Posts
Did I miss where K-1 went out to the garage and built the guns?
There was clearly time passing, and at some point the Kaylons started communicating with each other and planning. It would not have taken much to have them even substitute for each other when one needed upgrading. They don't have to show everything! ;)

·
Señor Member
81,961 Posts
Anyone out there that didn’t see the whole all female crew ruse falling apart, raise your hands. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
But did it fail? After all, they agreed to a future (female, of course) emissary and future negotiations. If they had known men were involved in the first place, they would not have set foot on the Orville or agreed to meet at all.

·
Señor Member
81,961 Posts
I'll put this out there: The blue firefly creature was actually a spy drone, it listened in and then lured Topa away from the rest of the party so she could be grabbed.
But then an overzealous editor chopped the part where the camera zoomed in on the blue one to show it had technology, or the CGI crew ran out of money before they got to that part..
I thought something like that, especially as it lured her to where she could be kidnapped.

·
Señor Member
81,961 Posts
Yes, very Star Wars-esque.

Didn't really understand why the shuttle didn't immediately go down near the surface while the fighters distracted the defenders. Why did it stay in the middle of the action?
Yeah, I was screaming at the screen for that. Create a diversion! Cloak the ship! Sneak out!

Then make it incredibly obvious there is something critically important in the middle of this formation! :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts