TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I really wish space operas like this would stop trying to make us believe that ships in outer space can fly like a plane inside of an atmosphere. The Expanse is one of the few Sci-Fi shows that are even close to reality when it comes to space flight. Everything from Star Wars to Star Trek totally defy Newton's laws. Granted, it's much less entertaining, but it's just absolutely ridiculous to think spaceships can actually fly like that in a vacuum.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
This was a much darker episode than I'm used to seeing with this show. I think Seth McFarlane is trying to take this show down a more serious path than before. Maybe he's looking to attract a different audience now that the show has split from Fox. He clearly setup future episodes with a new nemesis. This is like his version of the Borg, but instead of surgically altering you and making you a member of their collective, they just barf on you and turn you into the Fly.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I'm sure many have said this before, I was disappointed that the show wasn't a comedy when it first came out. My favorite unintentional comedy is when the two pilots are doing hairpin maneuvers through mountains/rocks/ships/battle while looking down every second or two to press buttons on their screen.
It's not too far fetched to believe that in their time period they have been able to develop autonomous ships that can maneuver themselves. It's possible that they may also have figured out a way to avoid hitting pedestrians. :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts