TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

The Official New TV Show Thread

332K views 4K replies 172 participants last post by  Malcontent 
#1 ·
Inspired by The Official British TV Show Thread, and the complaints inside, I figured I would try to start a new TV show thread.

The purpose of the thread is to post any new show about to premiere or that has just premiered preferably with a trailer and a brief description. Malcontent has a great format in the British thread and I would like to try to keep it along those lines. Please use the official show threads for any in-depth discussion about the actual shows.

It has been a great way to discover new TV shows people might not be aware of especially since the focus isn't on local shows only.

#1,033 ·
This thread has a subject title and when I (and others) see new posts we come to the thread expecting to see word of new shows. According to your logic, if there are no new show posts then it's okay to talk about anything. If that's the case, what's the point of a subject for ANY thread? Just post whatever you want, anywhere you want.

Look - my request was respectful and, I believe, sensible. I'm sorry you don't agree, but your argument really doesn't hold water ;)

#1,260 ·
There was a lengthy trailer for a science fiction show before Game of Thrones last night. I was trying to figure out what it could be...what sci-fi shows have been announced recently? I was drawing a complete blank...nothing about it looked familiar.

Turned out to be...Season 3 of Westworld! :D

#4,222 ·

The new series will follow Ballard as she is “tasked with running the LAPD’s new cold case division — a poorly funded, all-volunteer unit with the largest case load in the city,” per she show’s logline. “She approaches these frozen-in-time cases with empathy and determination. When she uncovers a larger conspiracy during her investigations, she’ll lean on the assistance of her retired ally, Harry Bosch (Titus Welliver), to navigate the dangers that threaten both her unit and her life.”

#4,223 ·
Excellent news. The character is based on an actual and excellent detective named Mitzi Roberts.

#1,857 ·
I can't give up TiVo because the UI is so far superior to anything else. Especially FF/RW. Even for HBO I record programs on TiVo and watch them that way rather than streaming. Plus I do watch a decent number of network shows still, including the news... where good FF is absolutely indispensable :)

We got our first TiVo in 1999... we're on our third now and have transferred our initial lifetime service purchase to each one; generally we don't upgrade unless there's an option to transfer. To me it's still one of the best deals we've ever made.

#1,858 ·
I can't give up TiVo because the UI is so far superior to anything else. Especially FF/RW.
Sorry for venturing further off topic...

I have 3 streaming devices I use (Android TV, TiVo, and Roku) with 3 streaming apps I use (Netflix, Amazon Prime and Plex) and I can never remember how to FF/RW well, regardless of concerns about the visual quality. I end up far from where I wanted to be, frustrated, and button mashing to get close.

#3,740 ·
I'm in on this for sure. Watergate is one of the first news stories I was heavily invested in (I was in my early teens when it was all going down) and I am interested in almost everything about that story. Liddy and Hunt were two of the more notorious characters and complete whack jobs, so should be a fun watch.

#4,243 ·
I posted this earlier when it was airing in Ireland. Now it is available on Hulu.

Six-part series about an obituarist working at a small-town newspaper, who suddenly finds herself being paid by the obituary due to cuts. When she "accidentally" kills a nasty piece of work, she discovers she might have an untapped bloodlust, and sets her sights on other unpleasant residents of the town. Her killing spree hits a potential snag when the paper hires an attractive crime correspondent.

#4,291 ·
I posted this earlier when it was airing in Ireland. Now it is available on Hulu.

First episode was really clever. And that crisp Irish accent!

#4,392 ·
Or a hundred other shows where a cop teams up with a ___ to solve crimes.

A trope so beloved by TV writers that when they adopted a comic book exploring the theological consequences of God abandoning the universe, they turned it into a show about a cop teaming up with the Devil to solve crimes!

#697 ·
'Safe' - Netflix

Tom's wife died a year ago and he's bringing up his two daughters, living in a beautiful gated community, with close friends nearby and a new relationship starting. But when his eldest daughter disappears in mysterious circumstances he realises that in fact he knows nothing about the people closest to him - dark secrets about the people he loves and the place where he lives.
Stars Michael C. Hall.

Available now on Netflix.

#769 ·
MANIFEST looks like yet another Flash Forward, The Event, The Crossing, Revolution, etc, etc, etc. where the initial concept for the pilot is interesting, but it all comes apart slowly afterwards. Big networks suck at these type of shows, I'd have more faith if it were on a basic cable channel where instead of trying to do a 22 episode season it's down to 10 or something, and the ratings dont have to be crazy high.