TiVo Community Forum banner
3021 - 3040 of 3092 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Echoes - Leni and Gina are identical twins who have secretly swapped their lives since they were children, culminating in a double life as adults, but one of the sisters goes missing and everything in their perfectly schemed world turns into chaos.

Premiers 8/19/22 on Netflix

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
"swapped their lives"? What is that supposed to mean? That every so often they take each other's place and then swap back and so forth?
I'd imagine so. I've know a number of identical twins over the year's that's done similar swaps. Hell I dated an identical twin for a while and I'm positive they swapped on me at least once if not more.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I don't remember "Password" being this bad when Regis hosted it. It also seems like a very different show, but it has been so many years I don't remember what it was like. Actually, the childish behavior from Jimmy Fallon and whoever else is on actually makes the show worth seeing, which is unfortunate.

I don't remember anything about the Allen Ludden version except the theme song, which they are using again. I didn't see that many episodes.

I wish anyone other than Keke Palmer was hosting. After seeing her glasses and clothes I shouldn't ever complain about Mayim Bialik again.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Can we hold you to this?
Not sure, but I'll think about it.

Keke looked better last night and that included her more professional outfit. Well, most of it. At least she didn't say "That's not the password" several times but she needs to stop doing that period. I don't remember what Allen Ludden used to say because I only saw a few episodes.

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,066 Posts

·
I am Groot!
64,309 Posts
Same show format with different hosts, judges and contestants. There are a lot of different countries, the ones I've seen are Canada, Australia, American, British, and Kenyan.
I heard a rumor that the American one was actually born in Kenya...

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
Actually the judges are the same as the UK show (Paul and Prue).

Does one need to use a Roku device to get the Roku channel?
No, I believe Roku Channel is available on many other devices. That was brought out in the discussion of the new Weird Al movie that's also streaming on Roku Channel later this year.

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,066 Posts
Same show format with different hosts, judges and contestants. There are a lot of different countries, the ones I've seen are Canada, Australia, American, British, and Kenyan.
Oh! So this entire time I've only been watching the British version thinking it was the same. Any idea how I can go back and watch all the US ones?

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,602 Posts
Does one need to use a Roku device to get the Roku channel?
No, I believe Roku Channel is available on many other devices. That was brought out in the discussion of the new Weird Al movie that's also streaming on Roku Channel later this year.
Interesting! I did not know this:

How to get The Roku® Channel
You can add The Roku Channel to any Roku streaming device, compatible Samsung Smart TV, compatible Amazon Fire TV device, or access it directly from the free Roku mobile app for iOS® and Android™. You can also visit The Roku Channel online from a web browser on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
3021 - 3040 of 3092 Posts