TiVo Community Forum banner
2701 - 2719 of 2719 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Going by the title, I'm assuming it's a little more comical than Rear Window... ;)
That was my thought too, but unless your style of humor is pitch black dark, the trailer wasn't even a little humorous. I'd watch something with a comedic bent, but given the trailer I'll wait and see what the reviews look like.

·
Liberal Elitist
3,500 Posts
FWIW, indiewire calls it a "satire of psychological thrillers" and wikipedia calls it a "dark comedy thriller."

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Archive 81 - January 14 - Netflix
As a video archivist investigates the secrets behind a mysterious fire, he becomes convinced he can save a young woman from the terrifying fate she met 25 years ago.

·
Nerd Fashionista
5,817 Posts
Archive 81 - January 14 - Netflix

I don't know what to make of this. How can he save her from something that happened 25 years ago? Is he going to travel through time? This is definitely supernatural and I'm intrigued from the preview.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
13,743 Posts
I don't know what to make of this. How can he save her from something that happened 25 years ago? Is he going to travel through time? This is definitely supernatural and I'm intrigued from the preview.
That sure is what it sounds like, certainly some interdimensional thing. The one voice said something about if "they" were successful "the whole of time will be as one". Why they would want that is anybody's guess. :p

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
La Fortuna - January 20 - AMC+
Six-part limited series
Álex Ventura, a young and inexperienced diplomat, unintentionally becomes the leader of a mission that will put all his convictions to the test: to recover the sunken treasure stolen by Frank Wild, an adventurer who travels the world plundering items of common heritage from the depths of the sea.

·
All About Footwork
31,731 Posts
I was excited at first when I read the name as Ace Ventura...

Reactions: photoshopgrl

·
Random Nobody
7,591 Posts

Interesting....

Written and executive produced by La Brea co-showrunners Steven Lilien and Bryan Wynbrandt
Aaaand. I'm out.

--Carlos "Oh, boy!" V.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts

Interesting....

Aaaand. I'm out.

--Carlos "Oh, boy!" V.
I'm a huge QL fan and have been waiting for a continuation of it for a long time. I'm enjoying La Brea, even though it's like watching a slow motion car crash. I'm hoping they can do it justice.

If they do it right, maybe the end of the series is Sam finally being found and leaping back to the present with Scott B making his long awaited cameo.

Reactions: photoshopgrl

·
Registered
2,732 Posts

·
Well-Known Mumbler
12,247 Posts
If they do it right, maybe the end of the series is Sam finally being found and leaping back to the present with Scott B making his long awaited cameo.
"Sam never returned home." Those were the final words of the original show, and I feel like undoing that would be a betrayal.

Although, as I looked it up just now, I was surprised to see the ending described as "a cliffhanger" in one article, and "notoriously awful" in another, with the complaint "Instead of giving Sam a happy ending ...". To me, it was a fine ending. Yeah, Sam was "hoping each time that his next leap would be the leap home". He didn't get what he wanted. Instead, it was much more poignant. But how is that a bad thing, dramatically?

2701 - 2719 of 2719 Posts