TiVo Community Forum banner
2681 - 2700 of 2719 Posts

·
Random Nobody
7,591 Posts
As a child I watched a version where it was 79 days.
Ugh..... what's the statute of limitations on spoilers? The book is old enough, and it's not a spoiler of the Cumberbatch version.

Drat. The spoilerphobes here are rabid.

Umm.... have you read the book? That's a bit of a plot point. So all the "80 days" versions should have the same plot point.

Edit to expand:
The voyage saw 80 sunrises, but as he was traveling Eastbound, you lose an hour every 15 degrees of Longitude. So the actual trip took 79 days, and the penultimate scene was Fogg thinking he arrived just after the deadline, then going home dejected, not realizing (when Passepartout figured it out) until late the next morning that he had a few hours left in the bet.

--Carlos V.

·
tabasco rules
15,413 Posts
Ugh..... what's the statute of limitations on spoilers? The book is old enough, and it's not a spoiler of the Cumberbatch version.

Drat. The spoilerphobes here are rabid.

Umm.... have you read the book? That's a bit of a plot point. So all the "80 days" versions should have the same plot point.

Edit to expand:
The voyage saw 80 sunrises, but as he was traveling Eastbound, you lose an hour every 15 degrees of Longitude. So the actual trip took 79 days, and the penultimate scene was Fogg thinking he arrived just after the deadline, then going home dejected, not realizing (when Passepartout figured it out) until late the next morning that he had a few hours left in the bet.

--Carlos V.
since benedict cumberbatch has been in several movies, and i have no clue to which post you're replying, i'm not clicking...

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
60,894 Posts
since benedict cumberbatch has been in several movies, and i have no clue to which post you're replying, i'm not clicking...
His post has nothing to do with Cumberbatch. It's just a general comment about the plot of the Jules Verne novel "Around the World in 80 Days."

·
All About Footwork
31,731 Posts
Currently binging season 2 of The Great. It's just as much fun, if not more, than season 1. My one complaint is the - so far - complete lack of nudity. I think they make up for it with a lot more foul language (or, at least, it seems like a lot more!).

Edited to add: oops, wrong thread. I thought this was the "what are you streaming" thread. Sorry!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Somebody Somewhere, Sunday January 16 10:30p/9:30p ET/CT HBO
This looks like it could be good. A semi-autobiographical mini-series starring Bridget Everett. She's so incredibly talented.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
13,743 Posts
Somebody Somewhere, Sunday January 16 10:30p/9:30p ET/CT HBO
This looks like it could be good. A semi-autobiographical mini-series starring Bridget Everett. She's so incredibly talented.
I LOVE Bridget Everett, this show is right up my alley.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
61,645 Posts
I LOVE Bridget Everett, this show is right up my alley.
I had to look her up. It's not a name I've ever heard. When I looked at her IMDB, I realized I never watched anything she was ever except the odd episode of Sex and the City and probably not an episode she was in. So, I'll take your word for it :)

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I had to look her up. It's not a name I've ever heard. When I looked at her IMDB, I realized I never watched anything she was ever except the odd episode of Sex and the City and probably not an episode she was in. So, I'll take your word for it :)
I once went to an Amy Schumer stand-up comedy tour and on that particular night they had a "special treat" for an extra opening act. Except Amy refused to follow this "special treat" and said it's the funniest thing she's ever seen in her life and any performer who tries to follow it will just look foolish. She implored everyone to stick around after her stand-up set is over, not to leave and promised they wouldn't be disappointed. The "special treat" was Bridget Everett and I instantly recognized it as something I had seen on one of those Comedy Central midnight stand-up clip shows. Amy was right - Bridget brought down the house and ruined the audience for anyone else.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
61,645 Posts
I once went to an Amy Schumer stand-up comedy tour and on that particular night they had a "special treat" for an extra opening act. Except Amy refused to follow this "special treat" and said it's the funniest thing she's ever seen in her life and any performer who tries to follow it will just look foolish. She implored everyone to stick around after her stand-up set is over, not to leave and promised they wouldn't be disappointed. The "special treat" was Bridget Everett and I instantly recognized it as something I had seen on one of those Comedy Central midnight stand-up clip shows. Amy was right - Bridget brought down the house and ruined the audience for anyone else.
So she's a standup? Being a standup doesn't always translate into being a good actor.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
13,743 Posts
So she's a standup? Being a standup doesn't always translate into being a good actor.
She's everything, including acting. She can do drama, comedy, and is a great cabaret singer. This is the cleanest clip I could find:
She was a writer and performer for Inside Amy Schumer and is an excellent athlete, especially swimming:
Yes, she does just about everything, but outside of fringe comedy circles she's been relatively unknown.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
61,645 Posts
She's everything, including acting. She can do drama, comedy, and is a great cabaret singer. This is the cleanest clip I could find:
She was a writer and performer for Inside Amy Schumer and is an excellent athlete, especially swimming:
Yes, she does just about everything, but outside of fringe comedy circles she's been relatively unknown.
Like I said, I don't know her, so thanks for giving me some info about her and a potential show to watch.

·
Coney Island Small
32,699 Posts
She also did an episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee with Jerry Seinfeld. It's the one where he talks about how much he hates Bobcat Goldthwait (who is a friend of hers).

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window - Jan 28 - Netflix
For heartbroken Anna (Kristen Bell), every day is the same. She sits with her wine, staring out the window, watching life go by without her. But when a handsome neighbor (Tom Riley) and his adorable daughter move in across the street, Anna starts to see a light at the end of the tunnel. That is until she witnesses a gruesome murder... Or did she?

2681 - 2700 of 2719 Posts