TiVo Community Forum banner
2661 - 2680 of 2719 Posts

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,664 ·
1883 starts tonight on Paramount Plus

From Academy Award nominee Taylor Sheridan, co-creator of Yellowstone, 1883 follows the Dutton family as they embark on a journey west through the Great Plains toward the last bastion of untamed America. Staring Academy Award nominee Sam Elliott and country music stars Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,665 ·
Vigil previously aired on BBC, but the US premiere on Peacock is on 12/23

Synopsis: When a crew member is found dead on board the Trident nuclear submarine HMS Vigil, police in Scotland are called in to investigate. The catch? The UK's nuclear deterrent must remain unbroken, so the submarine stays on patrol and Detective Chief Inspector Amy Silva (Suranne Jones) must go aboard to begin an investigation. Although the death was written off as an accidental overdose, Amy suspects foul play. But when the crew close ranks in the face of Amy's questioning, a new threat overshadows her inquiry.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
13,743 Posts
The Super Bob Einstein Movie, Tuesday Dec. 28 9pm/8pm ET/CT, HBO
I saw the trailer just before leaving for work, and I'm already excited. I've always been a Bob Einstein fan going back to early Bizarre.

·
All About Footwork
31,731 Posts
I saw the trailer just before leaving for work, and I'm already excited. I've always been a Bob Einstein fan going back to early Bizarre.
I so loved Bizarre and he was one of the main reasons for that!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Around The World In 80 Days - Dec 26 on BBC and Jan 2 on PBS
Following an outrageous bet, Phileas Fogg and his valet, Passepartout, take on the legendary journey of circumnavigating the globe in just 80 days, swiftly joined by aspiring journalist Abigail Fix, who seizes the chance to report on this extraordinary story.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
61,643 Posts
Around The World In 80 Days - Dec 26 on BBC and Jan 2 on PBS

Thanks for this. I loved the old David Niven (I think?) movie and the documentary series based on the book from Michael Palin (where he tries to navigate the same route and see if he can do it in 80 days). I'll have to set this one up.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Thanks for this. I loved the old David Niven (I think?) movie
Yes, David Niven. My first summer job as a teen, in the late 1960s, was working for a lady who was dating Cantinflas at the time*. He played Passepartout, the valet in that movie. He was the most famous Mexican comedian/actor of his era, but to the rest of the world, he was known for this one role. So I'm legally obligated to watch this every time I see it on TV. :)

* She was later awarded $26 million dollars by a court, after she was able to prove they were common-law husband & wife for 20+ years. But that's another story...

Reactions: Steveknj
2661 - 2680 of 2719 Posts