TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
There's...Johnny! - Hulu (November 16, 2017)

That looks awesome...I can't place the girl, though...off to IMDB to find out who she is...I will absolutely watch this

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Thanks...I actually remembered her before I got to IMDB...in the first ep of There's Johnny, she's in a sex scene (no nudity) and I felt weird watching it because she's still that underage teenager in my mind!

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Reactions: tlc

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Not sure if it's a smeek but I just saw a promo for the third season of The Detour. I can't wait!

Reactions: mattack

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
The praise for the Altered Carbon books in this thread has me excited to read them, but I think I'll still wait until after the Netflix season.
it's the age-old debate of which to do first :)

The books are fantastic. First-rate science fiction.

Maybe read one, watch the show, then read the rest? see if your level of enjoyment increased or decreased! :D

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
So more of a moms breaking bad kind of story?
That's what it seems like. I'd be interested if it were on Cable where you could use foul language and push the envelope a little. The fact that it's on NBC makes is more of a desperate housewives kind of thing...thanks, but no thanks...

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
'Hang Ups' - U.K.

The first episode is available via magic.

I loved him in Green Wing and Episodes. So I will absolutely give this a shot. But didn't Phoebe from Friends do this exact show a decade ago? I forget her real name real name...

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Valley of the Boom coming this winter to... NatGeo??? I love the opening showing the infamous Today clip.

I can't wait for this...google search now says coming in November...

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
I didn't like the first episode of Parks and Rec either, and we stopped watching. From what I understand it got better, so we may go back and revisit that at some point.
I watched a few eps of Parks and Rec and killed the SP. It was awful and would never last, I thought. But then came back a few seasons later because of TCF love and it is a great show. Sometimes, it just takes a lot longer for a show to mesh.

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Black Monday on Showtime isn't getting good reviews (premiere is on Jan 20). But I think it's one of those shows that even if it's not good from the start, will get good as it matures. I'm looking forward to it!

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Reactions: BrettStah

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
'Warrior' - Cinemax

Starts tonight.

oooh...thanks for the reminder...I totally forgot about this...

this show and Catch-22 (not until late May) are the 2 shows I'm worried I'll forget to record!

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
The only thing that's grabbed me so far is Stumptown, and that's because I'm a big fan of the comics...
wait...you read comics?

It's a good trailer but I don't really like watching 1 hour dramas on network TV...you didn't like sunnyside?

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Some sitcoms I dislike, but most of them I despise.

I've been known to read a comic or two...
Apropos of nothing...have you watched the movie "40 year old virgin" by any chance?

:p

Reactions: astrohip

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
'Another Life' - Netflix

Stars 'Katee Sackhoff'.

Starts 07-25-2019.

Just watched the first 2 episodes...I'll keep watching, but I'm hoping it gets better.

Anyone hear of South Side? the first episode showed a ton of promise. This might be a really good show.

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Yup. Watched the first, the second is sitting on the DVR and I cannot force myself to watch it, in spite of my "watch 3 episodes" rule.
Well, I just finished episode 3. I hate the lead actress more than I hate the lead actress on Killjoys (so that's saying something!)...

so far, I'm thinking the original title of the show was "Morons in space".

I don't want to research and spoil the show for myself in case I decide to stick to it. So can someone PM or spoiler tag for me the answer to this question: is this a horror sci-fi show? just a yes/no would be fine.

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Really? Unless some stuff has been deleted, there were literally three posts about it before yours.
IMO, given that the subject is baseball, that's 5 posts too many! :p

Reactions: PJO1966

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
That trailer is perfect...I'm absolutely watching this...and there is no laugh track!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts