TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,215 Posts
I don't see Alan Cumming as a former CIA operative. I could see him as a writer of books about the CIA. Not a Tom Clancy, but a writer, maybe.
That's how they get you, when you least expect it!

He has put on a little weight, you know. Maybe that's why you didn't see it.

:p

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,215 Posts
Whoa! That was a great book. Don't know how to get BBC2. Maybe I'll investigate. I haven't enjoyed all of Miéville's stuff so much but I really liked that one.

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,215 Posts
I agree. I was disappointed because of Amy Poehler's involvement but I didn't find it funny at all. In fact, I was cringing at quite a few bits. I might try to watch the second episode though just in case it might have improved.
I posted on another thread: the second episode was better than the first. In fact in the middle there were actually a few funny bits (at least I thought so). However, I really hate the traditional 80's sitcom setup where major societal and family issues are raised and solved in 30 minutes... it's almost insulting.

As someone else mentioned, if it was the first thing canceled I wouldn't be sad. But I haven't deleted my 1P... yet. Now that everything else is starting this week (and we still have other stuff we've not finished on Netlfix and Amazon) we'll see if we ever get to another episode.

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,215 Posts
He could always be funny in his other roles even if they weren't comedies, so I hope he'll do well here. The premise doesn't look like the kind of show I'm usually interested in but I'll give it a try.

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,215 Posts
So FBI:Most Wanted got kick-started in an episode of FBI this season? I have to assume that was always the plan given the way that episode was put together.

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,215 Posts
Pandora was just so bad. The acting is like a high school play. The writing is worse even. Ugh, I'm not sure I have it in me to give it another try.

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,215 Posts
Watched the first three episodes of Locke & Key on Netflix last night. It certainly wasn't as good as the graphic novels but I'll keep watching. I hope they move closer to the feel of the comics. There's a bit of Sabrina sneaking into this show. Or maybe I just think that because I was watching Sabrina earlier this week :)

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,215 Posts
I was so looking forward to Space Force, then the reviews came out and they were overwhelmingly bad... and not just "meh" but actively, this is the worst thing ever type bad. I was bummed.

But I decided to try it anyway tonight and... six episodes of binging later I think it's pretty great! I have no idea what those dingbat critics are on about. I really hope they don't scare people off from giving this show a try. It's not trying to be a gut-buster comedy, and it's quite delightful.

Will likely finish tomorrow or Monday. When's season 2?

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,215 Posts
I can't give up TiVo because the UI is so far superior to anything else. Especially FF/RW. Even for HBO I record programs on TiVo and watch them that way rather than streaming. Plus I do watch a decent number of network shows still, including the news... where good FF is absolutely indispensable :)

We got our first TiVo in 1999... we're on our third now and have transferred our initial lifetime service purchase to each one; generally we don't upgrade unless there's an option to transfer. To me it's still one of the best deals we've ever made.

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,215 Posts
The ending of the series was not great but certainly it gives them immense freedom to do something new and different, and get back to what made the show great initially. I'm kind of excited for it honestly.

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,215 Posts
The ending of the series was not great but certainly it gives them immense freedom to do something new and different, and get back to what made the show great initially. I'm kind of excited for it honestly.
Re-reading this I guess it's almost a Yogi Berra-ism o_O :p Hopefully you all get what I mean :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts