TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by The Official British TV Show Thread, and the complaints inside, I figured I would try to start a new TV show thread.

The purpose of the thread is to post any new show about to premiere or that has just premiered preferably with a trailer and a brief description. Malcontent has a great format in the British thread and I would like to try to keep it along those lines. Please use the official show threads for any in-depth discussion about the actual shows.

It has been a great way to discover new TV shows people might not be aware of especially since the focus isn't on local shows only.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
'Hyde & Seek' - Australian

When his best mate is killed in a seemingly random attack, Detective Gary Hyde (Matt Nable) vows to bring the killers to justice. Together with his new partner Claire McKenzie (Emma Hamilton), Gary uncovers a criminal underbelly that will threaten his life, endanger his young family and cause him to question everything he believes in. In a world where crime has no borders and everyone has something to hide, Gary and Claire might catch the criminals but will they lose their loved ones in the process?
The first episode is available.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'Deep Water' - Australia

Mini-Series

The first episode is available via magic.

Taken from here

Detectives Tori Lustigman and Nick Manning are assigned a brutal murder case in Bondi, where they begin to uncover mounting evidence to suggest the killing is connected to a spate of unexplained deaths, "suicides" and disappearances throughout the 80s and 90s. Haunted by the disappearance of her teenage brother, Tori's fascination with the case soon turns to fixation. When more ritualistic murders occur with the same bizarre signature, Tori and Nick will need to put their relationships, their careers and their lives on the line to finally reveal the truth.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
'Zapped!'

Brian Weaver, an online data marketing assistant (even he doesn't know what that is) finds himself abruptly transported to a parallel world. Fortunately, there's a pub. There he meets the owner, Herman (a former warrior) plus a handful of regulars: Barbara (a hopeless soothsayer), Steg (an armchair revolutionary) and Howell (a brain-fried Wizard). Brian is desperate to get home, and his new acquaintances are no help at all. Instead he finds himself being sucked into a world he doesn't understand, full of psychopathic Fairies, Shell Men, seductive Demi-Fins, vicious Throcks and the frighteningly unpredictable side-effects of Howell's magical powers. It's even worse than being an online data marketing assistant.
The first episode is available via magic.

I couldn't find a trailer for this show. It's on the 'Dave' channel.

http://dave.uktv.co.uk/shows/zapped-1/

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wolf Creek - Australian - Mini Series

Originally ran in Australia back in May, Pop will be airing the 6 part mini series starting on 10/14/16

Wolf Creek follows Eve (Lucy Fry), a young American tourist whose family is murdered in the outback, beginning a high stakes game of cat-and-mouse as she seeks revenge on psychopath Mick Taylor (John Jarratt).

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
As I commented in the other thread, it started out great and then devolved into discussions and arguments rather than the introduction of new shows. I wanted to start a new thread and am very pleased that someone did. I would just like to toss out a suggestion if I may - What about renaming this "The Official New Non-US TV Show Thread" (or something similar)?.

There are always new threads created for new and upcoming shows in the US and I would love to see this one dedicated to "others" - and for everyone to know it.

Thoughts?
I thought about doing it that way, but figured you would run into issues like the other thread especially as shows are run in the US from other parts of the world like Wolf Creek for example.

I personally don't care if only non-US shows get posted here, but figured why restrict it? Yes shows get their own specific thread, but that really only helps if you know about the show. I don't see the harm in posting a trailer for a US show especially if it isn't on a regular network every one checks. I don't think this is going to cause the non-US shows to get missed. After all it generally will be one post dedicated to the show with hopefully a trailer at which point it becomes easy to skip over.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Stan Against Evil - 10/31/16 on IFC

Starring John C. McGinley (Scrubs) and Janet Varney (You're the Worst), Stan Against Evil will air the remainder of its 8-episode first season Wednesdays at 10PM throughout the fall. Stan Against Evil follows Stan Miller (McGinley), a perpetually disgruntled former sheriff of a small New England town who was forced into retirement. Stan has trouble relinquishing his authority to Evie Barret (Varney), the tough and beautiful new sheriff in town, but they form an unlikely alliance when both begin to realize things are not quite right in their quaint New England town. Together, they valiantly fight a plague of unleashed demons that have been haunting the town, which just happens to be built on the site of a massive 17th century witch burning.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 · (Edited)
you should put a link to a description or a youtube vid that gives the premise to the show

otherwise, what's the point ?
I did, but for some reason videos aren't showing. None of the videos in this thread are showing for me now.

It looks like the forum broke youtube linking.

Yeah Media no longer links youtube. You now have to use YT

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Santa Clarita Diet - Netflix starts 02-03-2017

Joel and Sheila Hammond are realtors leading vaguely discontented lives in the L.A. suburb of Santa Clarita, until Sheila goes through a dramatic change sending both their lives down a road of death and destruction… but in a good way.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Trapped starts tonight on Viceland. It originally aired in 2015 in the UK I believe.

A dismembered body is found in a small Icelandic town, and all roads in and out are closed by a severe storm. With outside help unable to reach them and the killer trapped amongst the townfolk, it's up to the local police chief to investigate the murder.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Crashing - HBO - starts tonight

CRASHING: Pete Holmes stars as an aspiring stand-up comic who discovers that his wife is unfaithful, leading him to reevaluate his life amidst the New York City comedy scene. Holmes and Judd Apatow executive produce the show, which draws on Holmes' own experiences as a stand-up comic, offering a behind-the-scenes look at the unpredictable world of live comedy. The eight-episode season debuts Feb. 19.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts