TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
In what seems like a dig at Netflix and the ending of their Defenders' series, Hulu has announced 4 adult animated Marvel shows that will eventually crossover in The Offenders.

Cartoon Hairstyle Facial expression Vertebrate Mouth

Howard the Duck with Kevin Smith, M.O.D.O.K. with Patton Oswalt, Tigra & Dazzler with Chelsea Handler, & Hit-Monkey.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
I've never heard of a Cable service making original programming. Am I wrong?
This is at least the second for Spectrum, but I agree it's odd. They also have LA's Finest which is a police procedural starring Gabrielle Union as her character from Bad Boys and her partner is played by Jessica Alba.

Edit: Spectrum has also hinted that these may become available elsewhere in the future once the exclusivity window is over.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
I was trying to figure out this thing, as I do have Spectrum (Charter) for cable tv. But is it some kind of separate 'app' that you have to download? I got on a page with that second link that Weaver posted above and on the sign-in page it just kept not progressing when I logged in with my Spectrum account ID/PW.

I pay way too much money to Spectrum every month (tv, landline, internet) to have to pay another fee so if that is what the deal is, I'm out.
It's the same Spectrum app that you'd use for on-demand content. (I never use it since I have everything recorded on my TiVo). No extra charge though.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Medical Police on Netflix. The cast intrigued me (although the big names are all listed as shearing in 1 episode each). Strange spoof, but not clear of what. Reminded me a lot of Angie Tribeca. If that's not your strike zone I'd pass.

It's a spin-off of Children's Hospital so if you like this you'd probably like that as well.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
The ONE thing I've found with streaming of any type is the FF/RW is usually terrible. My DirecTV receiver and the TiVo before it worked much better. Even the streaming TiVo device isn't great at it.
YoutubeTV has pretty good controls, but it's not really FF or rewind. It's skip forward or back 15 sec. That's they best I've seen for streaming services.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
There's also the fact that it seems to have nothing to do with the MCU, or the Marvel Comics Universe, or the Daimon Hellstorm and Satana characters as portrayed in the comics (Helstrom seems to be even less of a Hellstorm show than Lucifer was a Lucifer show...and Lucifer the TV show had almost nothing in common with Lucifer the comic).
It was originally titled Marvel's Helstrom and picked up alongside a new Ghost Rider series. That would've tied it into Agents of SHIELD, but you're right I believe its only current tie to the MCU is a Roxxon sign in the background.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
"Girls5Eva," with an 8-episode season now available on Peacock. I don't think I'd heard of it until it got a good review in today's newspaper. It's another sitcom from the Tina Fey/Robert Carlock sitcom factory, this one about a late-'90s Spice Girls-esque pop band that reunites after one of their songs is sampled by a current artist.

It was one of the originals announced when they announced Peacock. I remember it from taking a quiz guessing if a show was a new Peacock original or a fictional show from 30 Rock.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
OK thanks. Doesn't sound like anytime soon then.
From what I’ve read, the international versions haven’t filmed yet, and it’s supposed to be those winners plus the USA winners so it could be awhile.

Edit: looks like Australia finished filming and Argentina starts filming tomorrow and then UK after that. Then I suppose we have to wait however long it takes to air them before we get the P+ show.

1 - 19 of 20 Posts