TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts
Someone mentioned Humans S2 in another thread (I think it was one of the WestWorld episode threads). I checked and it's not slated to start until February. I take it it's already running on BBC and hence available via magic?
Correct. Episode 4 aired last Sunday.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts
Interesting that Disney is allowing a Marvel show to air on FOX rather than keeping it for ABC. They must not have thought too highly of it.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts
It's an X-Men show. Marvel and Disney have no control over where it airs...it's a Fox property.
Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot FOX owns the rights to X-Men. I guess I figured that was just for the movies, but it makes sense that it would extend to TV properties as well (and why Legion was able to air on FX).

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts
'Top Of The Lake' - U.K.
...starring Elizabeth Moss, Gwendoline Christie and Nicole Kidman.
Wow, that's quite the height disparity: 5'3", 5'11", 6'3". If they have any scenes with Moss and Christie, it's going to look like that famous scene of Allison Janney and Kristen Chenoweth from The West Wing.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts
Illegal piracy, and more specifically, things(sites, methods) that are against forum rules to discuss.
This thread is about making people aware of new TV shows. Where is anyone discussing "illegal piracy, and more specifically, things(sites, methods) that are against forum rules to discuss"?

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts
The people who keep saying so and so show is available "VIA MAGIC". They mean piracy.
Of course. But nobody in this thread is giving links or discussing how to pirate anything. This thread is merely making people aware of new shows. If people choose to access those shows via piracy, that has nothing to do with this thread.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts
There's...Johnny! - Hulu (November 16, 2016)
That looks really interesting. I wonder if they incorporate any real footage of Johnny and The Tonight Show from that era, or if it's all just behind the scenes and we never actually see Johnny.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts
I will never be able to watch Kristin Kreuk in anything after Smallville. She made that character so unlikable that I eventually stopped watching the show altogether.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts
'Mosaic' - HBO

Just an FYI: This was not originally intended as a TV show. It was supposed to be a new genre of content with an app where you watch segments of the story and then make decisions which determine what you see next. Kind of like "Choose Your Own Adventure" except that there weren't multiple different outcomes. Just different orders in which the things would be presented.

But the reason I point that out is one TV review podcast I listened to said the TV show suffers a bit from it being re-edited to show as a TV show since that's not how it was originally intended to be presented. (But they also said the segments in the app were too long to make sense as interactive content, so cutting as a traditional TV show was probably always planned).

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts
Yeah, that's how this thread has been for the most part. It's easy enough to create new spin-off threads about specific shows, so I don't see this as a big limitation, to be honest.
I've always thought that was odd and I felt bad for the people posting those updates to then not have anyone acknowledge the post or say anything about the show. If we have a thread with just a bunch of posts about upcoming shows and no discussion, how will anyone know whether their new show updates are even being read?

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts
Trust - March 25th, FX (Kidnaping of John Paul Getty III)
Cast:
Donald Sutherland as J. Paul Getty
Hilary Swank as Gail Getty
Harris Dickinson as John Paul Getty III
Brendan Fraser as James Fletcher Chace
Michael Esper as John Paul Getty Jr.
It will be interesting to see how this compares with "All The Money in the World."

1 - 20 of 65 Posts