TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,135 Posts
Was thinking the same thing. I just wonder if they want to use the title "The Wonder Years" because it has name recognition. Much the same way the Netflix series about a Latino family used "One Day at a Time" (full disclosure, I didn't watch this, so I do not have any idea how close it was to the 70s sitcom). In a lot of respects, The Goldbergs is the 1980s version of The Wonder Years". So why not just call it something else? I'll never think of The Wonder Years as anything but the story of the Arnold family set in the late 1960s in suburbia and the race of the family, to me, was irrelevant.
To be fair though, the One Day At A Time reboot was (and is, now on a different network) written and produced by Normal Lear. So it's more than just a title.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,135 Posts
Why? Are Danza and Milano broke or something?
It's the thing to do with streaming these days. Between Fuller House, One Day At A Time, Gilmore Girls, the upcoming Punky Brewster & Saved By The Bell revivals, now it's Who's The Boss.

I'm waiting for a 40-something Erkel.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,135 Posts
'The Sounds' - Acorn TV

The first two episodes are available.

When will outsiders stop coming new to a location and digging up the local dirt??? Just live your life, that never helps anyone.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,135 Posts
They didn't show much imagination when casting somebody who needs to play two very different roles.

Fortunately.

;)
Let's put it this way, I'm not a big fan of comic book movies in general, but I'll watch She Hulk for Tatiana Maslany.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,135 Posts
So 10 years in and it still isn't common knowledge you stab the brain of a walker to kill it, not slap it on the side of the head with a rock attached to a stick?
What teenager has common knowledge?

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,135 Posts
Whoa...what did Ethan Hawkes do to deserve being tarred?!?

;)
He yelled. A lot. Daveed Diggs as Frederick Douglass? Hell yeah, I'm all in.

I just love it though, when they feel the need to show me a trailer for the trailer at the beginning of the trailer I'm already watching, it's sort of like how when they give a spoilery preview of the scene I'm about to watch in the commercial break before the scene.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,135 Posts
sho must have a bad habit of doing this with all their series, i've noticed it frequently on billions.
It's not just Showtime, it's the entertainment industry as a whole. I THINK the reason they do it is because people are scrolling through social media with auto-start videos, so they want to catch interest before it scrolls off peoples' screens. I'm not entirely sure why they do it with commercial breaks, syndicated TV started this in the early 90s. Maybe it's a trick to get people to watch commercials when they're skipping through, they think the tv show is back so they stop and catch the next commercial. It's still pretty annoying.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,135 Posts
'Trickster' - Canada

The first episode is available by wizardry.

BitTorrent/filesharing.

You might be able to blame me for that. Back in the day, I used to talk about shows magically appearing on my computer.
I always called it "magical means", but I do like "wizardry". It fits Trickster a bit.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,135 Posts

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,135 Posts
It's more garbage than medical show or soap opera. I just don't understand how these series make it to production. It should've been real obvious just from the script.
A lot of people enjoy that sort of thing, so they purposely produce this sort of script thinking that group will enjoy it. It's like science fiction, a segment of people will enjoy it, but not everyone. If that segment is important enough to them, they'll produce it no matter how bad it is. And when the cycle is at the top where it's more popular in general, they'll produce anything.

Medical shows were hardly around for a while now, but now they seem to be in every corner. Good, bad, and anything in between.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,135 Posts
Have you watched it yourself yet?
I haven't. It really seems like something my wife would like much more than me, like Grey's Anatomy or Strong Medicine (which I watched part of because of Josh Cox & Rick Biggs from Babylon 5, and it was SUCH a terrible show). I can see the nurses show being like that.

I've been considering rewatching all of "E.R." recently. I may do that once I finish up with rewatching "That 70's Show" (I'm on the last season, having forgotten just how terrible the last season became in every respect), and "Crime Scene Investigation".
OMG, watching E.R. S01E01 is so refreshing.

(The whole series is on Hulu for those interested.)
My wife's been rewatching ER during the day, which I wander in and out of due to working from home. That was one of those shows that don't come around very often. I've never done a rewatch, but I swear every time I walk in with one of the scenes, I know exactly what's going on, exactly the scene, and I think it's because I was so invested in the show. Then again, it had its share of melodrama too, they blew up the ER for Pete's sake.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,135 Posts
I'm looking forward to it but, man, I've seen some bad reviews.

I didn't even know that Leslie Jordan was on it, though. Woo hoo! I adore that little guy. :D He's always so hilarious.
Leslie Jordan improves just about any show, I don't think I would have liked The Cool Kids near as much without him.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts