TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Trapped starts tonight on Viceland. It originally aired in 2015 in the UK I believe.

A dismembered body is found in a small Icelandic town, and all roads in and out are closed by a severe storm. With outside help unable to reach them and the killer trapped amongst the townfolk, it's up to the local police chief to investigate the murder.
Marathoned this last couple of days. Excellent. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
It going start airing on PBS's 'Masterpiece' starting June 25, 2017. The show is being called 'Prime Suspect: Tennison'.
I'm halfway through the season. Doesn't have quite the same dirty, seedy atmosphere that made the original feel so realistic, but it's still very good. And Martini is certainly easy on the eyes.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Watched the last episode of season 4 this weekend and downloaded S5E1 this morning. My wife and I love this show!!!
Watched the first few eps of season 1 today. Hadn't heard of this until this thread, thought I'd give it a shot. This is excellent. I love these kinds of Brit and Aussie shows. And I've got all those seasons to marathon over the next few months. Cool.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
'The Crossing' - ABC
When I see one these shows that looks like it could be intriguing and then I see it's a network show I find it hard to stay enthusiastic because they'll probably screw it up and even if they don't screw it up and it turns out to be absolutely fantastic then they'll probably cancel it.

I've pretty much given up on the networks.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I think the "golden age" of television has been coming to an end, or at least taking a big step backward. The frequency and quality of new shows have greatly decreased the last year or two while basic cable channels are just taking their profits. I'm just holding on for the legacy shows I've watched as they approach their final seasons.
?! Could not disagree more. There are so many great tv series and mini-series out there I don't have time to watch them all. This includes British and other foreign shows.

I don't think the "golden age" is going to end. Just look at the quality of the actors who are doing tv nowadays, along with great writers and directors. A few years ago director Ron Howard was asked what the future of movies was and he said "Television". I think the quality of tv has surpassed the quality of film for the most part. There are still and always will be great films, but films can't do in two hours what a series or mini-series can do in weeks and months and years.

I think this is the way tv is now and will be remain in the future.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts