TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Miles Standish Proud
Joined
·
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the 8.1.7c2 update has resolved your issues. Please put the details here!

If your set up is working properly, please indicate the following:

1. Cable Company
2. CableCard Brand
3. CableCard Type & Version Number
4. Problems resolved?

Example:

1. Time Warner Cincinnati
2. Scientific Atlanta
3. S-Cards ver 1
4. Pixelation, Audio drops, etc...

P.S. I am still waiting for it to download... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
dolfer said:
If the 8.1.7c2 update has resolved your issues. Please put the details here!

If your set up is working properly, please indicate the following:

1. Cable Company
2. CableCard Brand
3. CableCard Type & Version Number
4. Problems resolved?

Example:

1. Time Warner Cincinnati
2. Scientific Atlanta
3. S-Cards ver 1
4. Pixelation, Audio drops, etc...

P.S. I am still waiting for it to download... ;)
1. Mediacom Quad Cities (IA/IL border)
2. Motorola
3. S-Cards ver ?
4. None (but I wasn't having pixelation problems before)

I'd really, really, really like my THD to be as responsive in the menus as my s2 tivos. Need 8.3 update. c'mon tivo!

joneSi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
My info:

1. Comcast
2. Motorola
3. MCard version 02.01, -.-, 03.25
4. I never noticed any macroblocking. I'm hooked up with an HDMI cable to my set. I did get an annoying "HDMI connection not permitted" message every time I turned on the TV, and I never saw the "Almost There" screen when the Tivo HD was booting. Now I can see that screen, and the HDMI connection error appears for less time.

I was hoping this would correct the "Name this DVR..." problem, but no dice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,254 Posts
For those with Motorola cards, any changes would be worth noting, but this fix is apparently primarily, if not exclusively, to address the problems with those using SA CableCARDs.
 

·
Miles Standish Proud
Joined
·
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to wait for one more night of viewing before I post. But last night's Federer vs Roddick match on Universal HD went off without a hitch. More than three hours of flawless, pixelationless, audio-dropless viewing pleasure!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
My macroblocking was never intolerable to begin with. It would happen for maybe half a second at a time, and 4 or 5 times per hour of tv. It seems to have gone away now!

1. Time Warner Cable - Kansas City
2. Scientific Atlanta
3. S-Cards, not sure what ver
4. Everything is beautiful
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
My macroblocking was intolerable but is no more (at least according to the 15 minutes of testing my wife did while I am traveling). I also tested myself over SlingBox from Germany (not ideal, but I can tell the difference between macroblocking and digital artifacts introduced by SlingBox and have seen no macroblocking in 30 minutes of watching HBO HD.


1. Cablevision, NJ
2. Scientific Atlanta
3. S-Cards ver 1
4. No issues so far, everything good
 

·
Miles Standish Proud
Joined
·
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chimpware said:
My macroblocking was intolerable but is no more (at least according to the 15 minutes of testing my wife did while I am traveling). I also tested myself over SlingBox from Germany (not ideal, but I can tell the difference between macroblocking and digital artifacts introduced by SlingBox and have seen no macroblocking in 30 minutes of watching HBO HD.

1. Cablevision, NJ
2. Scientific Atlanta
3. S-Cards ver 1
4. No issues so far, everything good
thanks CW! some people in another thread were anxiously waiting for you to weigh in! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
1. TWC Fountian Valley CA
2. SA
3. Don't know and not brave enough to take them out to look 2 s cards all i can tell you
4. Prixilaization and audio drops.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
After 2 days, I've noticed one very brief macroblocking. Possibly induced by a weak signal strength (varying from 81 to 87 on that channel for some reason). Otherwise -- WOW, excellent picture and sound.

1. Everest
2. SA
3. Single Stream ver 1
4. Yes!!! Life is good! :D


EDIT 9/10/07: :( I spoke too soon. While watching football on an HD channel yesterday I started getting minor macroblocking and audio dropouts about every 20 minutes. Signal seemed strong (100 with an SNR of 36db). Its still MUCH MUCH better than before. Now its a minor irritation as opposed to being unwatchable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Since Friday 9/7
1. Cablevision NYC (Brooklyn)
2. SA
3. Single Stream Ver1
4. Fantastic improvment
Just watched a program recorded before the software upgrade, I can't beleive the difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
1. Charter Cable- Western Massachusetts
2. Scientific Atlanta
3. Single Stream version 1
4. Pixelation problems gone for the most part-- I've noticed VERY minor and brief macroblocking since the update-- maybe 3-4 times TOTAL over many hour of watching. I consider the problem fixed by TiVo, and chalk up the macroblocking to a signal issue. It's not bad enough for me to bother trying to fix it, or figure out why it's happening....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Further update, only 1 very minor macroblocking issue after too many hours (over 10) of watching both live and recorded material, both AD and HD over the weekend. Single instance was not repeatable when I rewinded and was small.

For me it looks like this issue has been resolved and I could not be happier with my Tivo HDs now (well I guess I will be happier in November I am really looking forward to TTG and MRV).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,631 Posts
Chimpware said:
Further update, only 1 very minor macroblocking issue after too many hours (over 10) of watching both live and recorded material, both AD and HD over the weekend. Single instance was not repeatable when I rewinded and was small.

For me it looks like this issue has been resolved and I could not be happier with my Tivo HDs now (well I guess I will be happier in November I am really looking forward to TTG and MRV).
Add that info to the first post of your pixelization troubleshooting thread? :)

As an aside, it does look like the update to fix issues with SA CableCards may have broken the support for NDS CableCards, which are much less common than Motorola and SA CableCards.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top