TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 60 of 125 Posts

· Astute User
11,392 Posts
Chibbie said:
Are you implying that by watching the show for free over-the-air you are not showing as much support for the show as if you buy the episodes from iTunes? :)
You are showin the same support, as you support the show buy either watching the advertising from the broadcast, or purchasing the iTMS offering.
IANAL, but how is downloading a show from Bittorrent any different than TiVo'ing it? If devdogaz missed last nights episode, he could come over to my house and watch it, or I could loan him a *gasp* tape of the show. Is that "stealing"?
It is called right of source (at least I call it that).

Your legal source is the TV broadcast (or the iTMS purchase).
To be legal, any copy you posess has to have originated from the broadcast you receive and have recorded.

The same principal got MP3.com or some site sucessfully sued for hosting MP3s they ripped, and providing them to you if you proved you owned the same title. The ruling proved that the MP3s had to be ripped from the particular CD of the user.

· Omega Consumer
10,577 Posts
TAsunder said:
I thought about it, and I think that we should still want pam & jim to get together, even though history does not favor the longevity of a show that ends its annoying love plot.
How about Pam and Jim get together after she marries Roy? That would certainly be different.

· Still in Beta
1,079 Posts
newsposter said:
am i caller 107?
I meant to put that as my little comment below my name last night. Thanks for the reminder. Will go do that now. :)

coolpenguin said:
This was the first episode I'd ever seen. ( a buddy of mine has been bugging me for a while to watch it.) It was funny, but I think I was expecting more. Will watch again next week.
I've been watching the show from the start, but I felt the same way at first. It needed to grow on me. Get used to the characters, etc.. Now it's arguably my favorite show on TV. It's absolutely hilarious. :D

· Registered
109 Posts
I'd disagree about the "necessary forbidden fruit" storyline. I've been involved in enough office romances to know there's comedy gold in them-thar-hills ;) I think this show could survive the Pam-Jim hookup, but I'm sure they'll milk the awkwardness for at least another season :up:

· Certified Neurotic
569 Posts
It sure seems like Jim is more in love with Pam than she is with him.

I know some guys can't accept this, but a woman really CAN be just friends with a guy. Really, really good friends, even.

If this were real life, I'd say that Pam is intrigued with the idea of Jim being infatuated with her, and maybe a little flattered, but she doesn't have any romantic feelings towards him.

· TV-holic, improving
1,824 Posts
jrinck said:
It sure seems like Jim is more in love with Pam than she is with him.

I know some guys can't accept this, but a woman really CAN be just friends with a guy. Really, really good friends, even.

If this were real life, I'd say that Pam is intrigued with the idea of Jim being infatuated with her, and maybe a little flattered, but she doesn't have any romantic feelings towards him.
Based on the last episode (if we can assume chronological order here), she must assume that he had a crush on her not years ago when he first started, but recently. And yet she _still_ left 7 messages on his voicemail.

Even if a woman just wants to be friends with a guy, you'd think she backs off a little, at least for a while, when it becomes clear that the guy doesn't feel the same way, or risk encouraging him even further.

· She likes cheese.
4,484 Posts
jrinck said:
I don't know . . . I think that is what Pam thinks, but she certainly seemed mighty jealous when Jim had the cute girlfriend. I think Pam likes Jim more than she wants to admit to herself, because then she'd have to deal with it and the consequences of admitting it to herself would be too much for her to contemplate.

· PSWii60
3,685 Posts
IndyJones1023 said:
I love how Michael went from:

Stanley: "That's not a hate crime."
Michael: "Well, I hated it."

to:

Michael: "Oh! That is hilarious!"
Of course... it was Packer! How else would he react? :) I loved when Packer called Michael.

"I left a package for you."
"Package?"
"In your office?"
"Did anyone see a package in my office?!"
[Everyone looks at Michael like he's an idiot]

· Registered
553 Posts
i like it when packer said something like hey, michael, you gay **** you.

and then they flash oscar (+2 for continuity)

and then michael said "how did you get this number?" all panicky.

· TV-MA LSV
929 Posts
Surprised no-one's yet mentioned the funniest line on the show. Michael was talking about how someone's head was held underwater in the toilet for a full minute and they didn't have a good sense of humor about it, adding "No wonder he didn't get the job." I almost passed out laughing at that. Was it just me?

And whoever said "office spouse," very adept. It's so easy to get into trouble that way. I think everyone's had one at one time or another. You're closer to your coworkers for 8 hours a day than you are to most anyone in your home life. Easy to develop crushes, even if logically you know it's misguided.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,425 Posts
Regarding the timeline, I thought I read somewhere that this one was shown out of order and should have come before the ep where Michael reveals Jim's secret. It would definitely have made more sense that way.

Great episode. Loved that Michael tried to be Todd Packer to Dwigt's Michael and it just didn't work out. Did everyone notice the look Angela gave Dwigt during the "raid" and how he only picked up a pencil and dropped it back on her desk?

· The Jerkstore called
1,571 Posts
Magnolia88 said:
I don't know . . . I think that is what Pam thinks, but she certainly seemed mighty jealous when Jim had the cute girlfriend. I think Pam likes Jim more than she wants to admit to herself, because then she'd have to deal with it and the consequences of admitting it to herself would be too much for her to contemplate.
I think that, and the quote it's responding to, nail the relationship.

on a separate note, I found this funny:
"Ah aaam Paaam..... The spicoli guy."

· Annie 2.0
57,920 Posts
EchoBravo said:
Surprised no-one's yet mentioned the funniest line on the show. Michael was talking about how someone's head was held underwater in the toilet for a full minute and they didn't have a good sense of humor about it, adding "No wonder he didn't get the job." I almost passed out laughing at that. Was it just me?
Yes, that was brilliant.

I wish a cutie at work would say "Suck on that, Halpert" to me, even though it's not my last name.

41 - 60 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.