TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 125 Posts

· Registered
422 Posts
devdogaz said:
OK, I haven't read the thread yet or watched the episode. I just want to ask if anyone knows why this show always takes so long to show up on BT? I'm looking right now and there are multiple copies of tonight's Smallville, as well as The O.C., C.S.I., Without A Trace, Four Kings, Will & Grace, and most of those have been up for an hour or two. But still no Earl or Office. Very strange.
xuxa said:
Because you can legally buy it on itunes as oppossed to illegally downloading via bittorrent.
Oh, please! :rolleyes:

Last time I checked (this morning), only one these shows (The Office) are even available on iTunes, and they don't even have the latest episode.

· Registered
1,403 Posts
Jim dejected by lack of attention from Pam checks his voicemail at the end of the day after everyone went home and there is a series of messages from Pam all day long saying how much she misses chatting with him. The messages are played as Jim walks out smiling and get in his car to leave.

· Registered
422 Posts
xuxa said:
what is "oh please" about supporting the show you like by not stealing it
Are you implying that by watching the show for free over-the-air you are not showing as much support for the show as if you buy the episodes from iTunes? :)

IANAL, but how is downloading a show from Bittorrent any different than TiVo'ing it? If devdogaz missed last nights episode, he could come over to my house and watch it, or I could loan him a *gasp* tape of the show. Is that "stealing"?

· Registered
422 Posts
I think it is interesting that Michael is hurt and upset by the "package", until he finds out it came from Packer. This reminds me of the "Work Experience" episode from the UK version with the dirty picture e-mail.

I'm surprised that he didn't have Dwight investigate the matter. It is usually his first instinct, and Dwight's raison d'etre.

· Annie 2.0
53,524 Posts
xuxa said:
Jim dejected by lack of attention from Pam checks his voicemail at the end of the day after everyone went home and there is a series of messages from Pam all day long saying how much she misses chatting with him. The messages are played as Jim walks out smiling and get in his car to leave.
Thanks.

When will those two just get together already. :)

· Registered
9,041 Posts
TAsunder said:
I knew it was Todd Packer almost instantly. Did we see the chick on the ship? I don't recall who she is, if so.
Yes, the chick Jim called was the girl from corporate on the booze cruise (at least she has the same name) - we had to go back and quickly find her name on the booze cruise episode to comfirm. :D

· Certified Neurotic
526 Posts
Meathead said:
I was thinking the same thing! Who wants the desk right outside the boss' office? Especially when he can see over your shoulder at your monitor & everything you are doing all day.

We have had several "workspace reassignments" in my office & each time I beg them to put me in the cube in the corner where nobody ever goes.

Of course, I also spend too much of my day on message boards, so that may have something to do with the fact that my cube is the one right outside the boss' office :mad:
I have a corner cube that faces a window with views to the mountains. It's actually kind of cool, considering that only about four other people in my company have such a view. And I wasn't supposed to have this--NOBODY IS, but through an error in the engineering drawing for the building, there is a wall where there is actually a window--so I lucked out when they setup my corner of the building.

· Registered
117 Posts
I really hope Jim & Pam don't get together. Every show I've ever loved (with attraction tension) fails to deliver after the two get together - Northern Exposure, Ed, etc.

· Auteur
41,598 Posts
dcehl said:
I really hope Jim & Pam don't get together. Every show I've ever loved (with attraction tension) fails to deliver after the two get together - Northern Exposure, Ed, etc.
Exactly. Then they have nothing to write about. Hopefully now that the wedding of Pam and Roy has been set for "June," Roy will say "oh, you mean this year? I thought you meant next year." Which will prolong it for another season.

· Registered
550 Posts
uncdrew said:
Thanks.

When will those two just get together already. :)
hopefully, never.

not that i'm not rooting for those two, but it's just better when they're trying to figure out each other.

· Debates Ghee vs Gi
26,133 Posts
I thought about it, and I think that we should still want pam & jim to get together, even though history does not favor the longevity of a show that ends its annoying love plot. I find that the forbidden love plot is getting way overdone in shows. If a show can't succeed without it, maybe it shouldn't exist in the first place.

I think that the office would be just fine, to be honest. There's so much more going on in the show than the love story. Very little of the actual humor of the show would need to change, and they could easily come up with some additional plot ideas.

They could certainly milk a lot of jokes out of contrasting the three couples or potential coupes in the show. And Michael love plots are probably even better, due to the whole rooting against him while feeling sorry for him yet hating him angle.

21 - 40 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.