TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,403 Posts
devdogaz said:
OK, I haven't read the thread yet or watched the episode. I just want to ask if anyone knows why this show always takes so long to show up on BT? I'm looking right now and there are multiple copies of tonight's Smallville, as well as The O.C., C.S.I., Without A Trace, Four Kings, Will & Grace, and most of those have been up for an hour or two. But still no Earl or Office. Very strange.
Because you can legally buy it on itunes as oppossed to illegally downloading via bittorrent.

· Registered
1,403 Posts
Jim dejected by lack of attention from Pam checks his voicemail at the end of the day after everyone went home and there is a series of messages from Pam all day long saying how much she misses chatting with him. The messages are played as Jim walks out smiling and get in his car to leave.

· Registered
1,403 Posts
ravonaf said:
What in the world are you talking about? The show is FREE to who ever wants it. I've seen every episode and I have never paid a dime. It's called broadcast TV. Are you going to accuse me of stealing now because I Tivo it and fast forward the commercials?
I must be confused. I guess the actors, crew and writers are all doing it for free then. The TV networks set up multi million dollar broadcasting studios for free. The stations bought license for the government for free. Cameras and all equipment must have been donated since the show is free. That has to be the case since it is free. :)

· Registered
1,403 Posts
ravonaf said:
Not my problem. If you don't understand what free means then I really can't help you. The fact of the matter is there are no laws against downloading shows. There are no laws against recording shows for private use. And there are no laws requiring me to watch commercials. If you don't like this I suggest you write your congressmen and lobby for even more intrusive laws into our daily lives.
It will be your problem if they sue you. All I am saying is that it is not "free". You are breaking copyright law by downloading (and I bet uploading but no need to go there) via the internet. You are correct you can record for private use from the broadcast source but not from digital domains.

Being a fan of the show and then taking/enjoying the show while breaking the copyright is a strange way to support the show. If the producers felt it was okay for you to download they would put a download link on their web page.

Mindy is a great addition to the show.

· Registered
1,403 Posts
and from copyright.gov faqs

Is it legal to download works from peer-to-peer networks and if not, what is the penalty for doing so?
Uploading or downloading works protected by copyright without the authority of the copyright owner is an infringement of the copyright owner's exclusive rights of reproduction and/or distribution. Anyone found to have infringed a copyrighted work may be liable for statutory damages up to $30,000 for each work infringed and, if willful infringement is proven by the copyright owner, that amount may be increased up to $150, 000 for each work infringed. In addition, an infringer of a work may also be liable for the attorney's fees incurred by the copyright owner to enforce his or her rights.

· Registered
1,403 Posts
kinda missing the point aren't you. Ignore the copyright law on downloading all you want, fight the court case if you get sued, sure that won't be cheap :). You can rationalize anything. Just because you want to be a certain way doesn't mean it is. Copyright law is copyright law. Bottom line you are infringing on someones private property without their permission. Since you like challenges, I will challenge you to get the television shows copyright owner's permission for downloading television shows for home use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.