TiVo Community Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

· Registered
1,008 Posts
Spire said:
One major difference between the UK and US version of the show is that in the original, the workers were never openly disrespectful to their boss (David Brent). This difference was very jarring to me when I first watched the US pilot.
I haven't watched the US pilot in a while, when did this happen? My recollection is the US pilot is a 22 minute version of the BBC's first episode.

· Series 3
27,123 Posts
Spire said:
It's also interesting to see the shift in character with Jim (and consequently, Pam). Jim, who was initially sympathetic and who played a crucial conspiratorial role with the audience, is becoming more and more obnoxious and unlikable with every new episode. These days, when Jim smugly rolls his eyes at the camera during Michael Scott's antics du jour, I no longer find myself so amused along with him.

If this were being done deliberately, it would be brilliantly subversive. But I suspect that it isn't.
I wonder if this is a side effect of the episodes being shown out of order?

According to the synopsis of next weeks episode:

Jim has to act like/pretend/be Michael's friend outside of the office.
Something may have happened there.

· witless and unarmed
16,439 Posts
It seems like the employee's disdain of Michael rises at the same rate as Michael's obnoxiousness. When Michael is being inadvertantly a dork, making bad jokes and genuinely trying to be a good person in his own way but failing miserably, the employees do their best to get along and are even sympathetic to him. But when he pumps it up on purpose and gets really ridiculous, then the employees lose their patience and seem to give to Michael as good as he deserves.

· Registered
77 Posts
getbak said:
The UK version only had two 6 episode seasons and the Holiday Special. "The Injury" was the 18th US episode. This week's episode was also its highest rated (against a CSI re-run). Apparently, the move to Thursday was a good idea.
I love it, it's a nice alternative on Thursday's for those of us who don't watch CSI. And now I have my Scrubs fix on Tuesday's so it's even better :)

· Got Basenji?
7,211 Posts
The Flush said:
MRI = Magnetic Resonance Imaging = Huge Magnets = Metal Flying Across The Room
Well, more accurately, = Ferrous metal flying accros the room. Aluminum like what the crutches were made of, not so much.

Very funny ep though. I also got cut off at the beginning so I missed Michael stepping on the grill. IT was still hilarious.

· The Jerkstore called
1,571 Posts
Lee L said:
Very funny ep though. I also got cut off at the beginning so I missed Michael stepping on the grill. IT was still hilarious.
Did they show this? I tivo both Earl and Office, and made sure to watch the final seconds of the Earl recording to make sure I didn't miss any of the office. I thought it just opened with Michael calling Pan?

· Registered
1,909 Posts
jradford said:
Did they show this? I tivo both Earl and Office, and made sure to watch the final seconds of the Earl recording to make sure I didn't miss any of the office. I thought it just opened with Michael calling Pan?
Yeah, they only had Michael tell the story about stepping on the grill. They didn't actually show it - which would have required the camera crew to be in Michael's bedroom that morning.

· Got Basenji?
7,211 Posts
Oh, sorry, I misread someone's comment about missing the beginning, but did not realize they missed the explanation, not the actual burning. I guess they did not show that after all.

· Thanks 4 the Update
11,441 Posts
scottjf8 said:
was it us, or did Michael also leave his watch on when going into the CT scan room?
Actually, they specifically showed him taking his watch off and putting it on the table right before he took off his microphone.

pdhenry said:
Dwight definitely had a watch on, on his right arm, IIRC.
As someone else mentioned, that was his hospital band.

· Registered
9,041 Posts
Regina said:
Doctor: Does the skin look red or swollen?

Dwigt: That's what she said! ...even the Doctor laughed!

:D Nice to see Rainn Wilson get some jokes that are intentionally funny! I would love to see him on a talk show. His characters are so weird (Dwigt, Arthur on "Six Feet Under) that it makes me wonder what he is like IRL.
get the season 1 DVD and listen to him on the commentary...he's a funny guy, but probably nothing like his characters IRL.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.