TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

· Tivolutionized!!
120 Posts
TAsunder said:
I'm confused by the ipod from the christmas episode. I thought dwight ended up with it?? Which makes me wonder how he knew so much about the mp3 player pam had.
It wasn't an "iPod"...it was another portable mp3 player....
it was a reference to an earlier episode when her fiancee was sarcastically going to buy her one for xmas, but then didn't have to because she had got it in the "secret santa converted to yankee swap" (which she then traded for the tea pot)

· Registered
1,909 Posts
mightyb said:
TAsunder said:
I'm confused by the ipod from the christmas episode. I thought dwight ended up with it?? Which makes me wonder how he knew so much about the mp3 player pam had.
It wasn't an "iPod"...it was another portable mp3 player....
it was a reference to an earlier episode when her fiancee was sarcastically going to buy her one for xmas, but then didn't have to because she had got it in the "secret santa converted to yankee swap" (which she then traded for the tea pot)
That was the point. In the Christmas episode, Dwigt traded the teapot back to Pam in exchange for the video iPod. As a result, Roy bought Pam the MP3 player he promised her, which is the one that Dwigt was helping her figure out in this episode.

The question was why Dwigt knew so much about her player when he has an iPod at home. My answer to that would be that Dwigt is probably a bit of a geek who knows about those sorts of things.

· Tivolutionized!!
120 Posts
getbak said:
That was the point. In the Christmas episode, Dwigt traded the teapot back to Pam in exchange for the video iPod. As a result, Roy bought Pam the MP3 player he promised her, which is the one that Dwigt was helping her figure out in this episode.

The question was why Dwigt knew so much about her player when he has an iPod at home. My answer to that would be that Dwigt is probably a bit of a geek who knows about those sorts of things.
ah, i'm on the same page now! brain fart and I'm exhausted after a busy week. 3 month olds wear you out QUICK!

I think the whole Dwight thing was that he was the "anti-dwight"...with the concussion and all...being able to be extra friendly with Pam, joking, and flirting....

· Registered
130 Posts
jrinck said:
Because he is Michael Scott.

And when the guy in the wheelchair made the comment about the handicapped space, the camera turned to a guilty-looking Michael. Wouldn't Dwigt be the one who parked it there, and, of course, the Michael we know would have turned the attention to Dwigt on that one.

Stroudsburg is quite aways away from Scranton, or does Ryan live there? Why else would he have gone all the way to Stroudsburg to try to find yams?

Hey, great episode, but loaded with inconsistencies! :)
You answered your own questions - Because he is Michael Scott.

Dwight would have parked in the handicap spot because Michael would have demanded it.

I doubt Ryan actually would go to Stroudsburg. It seemed like Michael had ordered him to go to the Stroudsburg branch of some chain chicken restaurant. Ryan probably would just go to the closest one and tell Michael what he wanted to hear. No yams for Michael.

· Registered
1,697 Posts
I thought part of the joke about Pam having some type of mp3 player other than an iPod was that her fiance promised her an iPod, and she ended up some some non-iPod mp3 player, kind of falling in line with the rest of their relationship. Not that all non-iPod mp3 players are worse than iPods, but I took that as part of the joke.

· Registered
25,478 Posts
I thought part of the joke about Pam having some type of mp3 player other than an iPod was that her fiance promised her an iPod, and she ended up some some non-iPod mp3 player, kind of falling in line with the rest of their relationship. Not that all non-iPod mp3 players are worse than iPods, but I took that as part of the joke.
Definitely, I was just gonna write and comment on that. Instead of giving her the latest video iPod, the fiancee gave her some cheaper, music-only player. But it's better, according to Dwight at least, because it's bigger and more solid (or whatever he said, don't remember the exact choice of words). :)

· Certified Neurotic
526 Posts
pawchikapawpaw said:
you're probably a stitch and a half at parties.

:p
Ha ha. I know you're a good guy, so you didn't mean that maliciously.

HOWEVER, suppose I was one of the many "Office" characters. Here is how they would have taken that comment:

MICHAEL: Thank you. Seriously. A boss SHOULD be funny. Funny motivates.

------

DWIGT: And just what is that supposed to mean? I happen to have won the Junior Comedian Award in 2nd grade. If you don't like what I say, then YOU are the unfunny one.

-------

JIM: You see, Paw thinks I'm serious. Am I? Part of the fun is in making him wonder, so I'm not telling. :)

--------

STANLEY: Let's just keep this on topic, Paw. :rolleyes: Did you like the episode or not?

· News/Deal Junkie
678 Posts
SnakeEyes said:
Because Michael was being so childish about what was a minor injury.
Yeah, but it seemed like every other character just suddenly turned on him in a major way. Usually they at least treat him as a boss and make minor snide comments to his face. In this one they were blatant. I don't know if it's just me, but it hurt the dynamic a bit. Hopefully they'll shift back to regular mode in the next episode.

· Fallen
1,624 Posts
jerobi said:
Yeah, but it seemed like every other character just suddenly turned on him in a major way. Usually they at least treat him as a boss and make minor snide comments to his face. In this one they were blatant. I don't know if it's just me, but it hurt the dynamic a bit. Hopefully they'll shift back to regular mode in the next episode.
One major difference between the UK and US version of the show is that in the original, the workers were never openly disrespectful to their boss (David Brent). This difference was very jarring to me when I first watched the US pilot.

This episode is just the next step in a logical progression that's been there from the start. One can only hope that they realize what's going on, and rein it in a bit.

It's also interesting to see the shift in character with Jim (and consequently, Pam). Jim, who was initially sympathetic and who played a crucial conspiratorial role with the audience, is becoming more and more obnoxious and unlikable with every new episode. These days, when Jim smugly rolls his eyes at the camera during Michael Scott's antics du jour, I no longer find myself so amused along with him.

If this were being done deliberately, it would be brilliantly subversive. But I suspect that it isn't.

· I've got Jewbs!
2,394 Posts
Magister said:
What is your middle name?

DANGER
Doctor: Does the skin look red or swollen?

Dwigt: That's what she said! ...even the Doctor laughed!

:D Nice to see Rainn Wilson get some jokes that are intentionally funny! I would love to see him on a talk show. His characters are so weird (Dwigt, Arthur on "Six Feet Under) that it makes me wonder what he is like IRL.

· Registered
1,679 Posts
I remember when this show first started and people were complaining that this show wasn't as good as the BBC version and they wouldn't give it a chance. Here we are now in the second season and the show has really come into it's own. This is easily one of the 3 funniest shows on TV.

· Registered
1,909 Posts
spikedavis said:
I remember when this show first started and people were complaining that this show wasn't as good as the BBC version and they wouldn't give it a chance. Here we are now in the second season and the show has really come into it's own. This is easily one of the 3 funniest shows on TV.
At that time, who ever would have thought that the American version would have more episodes than the British?

The UK version only had two 6 episode seasons and the Holiday Special. "The Injury" was the 18th US episode. This week's episode was also its highest rated (against a CSI re-run). Apparently, the move to Thursday was a good idea.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.