TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ABC to revive "The Nine" starting Wednesday, August 1st, 10/9c.

If you haven't already deleted all those unwatched episodes, you may want to now...

According to the Futon Critic, the show is still canceled, and the final 6 episodes will NOT resolve the show's central plot.

·
Banned
5,065 Posts
The central plot was how the robbery and hostages came out, and that was told and resolved long ago. That is no doubt why the low audience for it and it being taken off. It is like showing the first and last quarter of a football game and then trying to get people to stay and watch the third quarter.

Also, the ads for that show indicated something strange happened in the time they were held, making me think of sci-fi possibilities, but none ever appeared. When we saw the end of robbery and no one saw a Borg or a time traveler, I knew this plot was going nowhere. Now, proof I was right, they say there is nothing in those 6 episodes. But I am glad people who want to see them can, and won't waste money on a DVD later.

·
Go Pats!
9,606 Posts
....to see Audrey Raines!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Looks like most of the cast signed on to other projects so even if they wanted to they couldn't make another episode to wrap things up. They should just write up a version and put it on the net. I would like to find out if they were jerking us around with all the secrecy regarding the details of the hold up. There better be some really big twist to jerk people around for 13 episodes and still not reveal anything special. At least with Lost you knew that something huge was going on.

·
Banned
5,065 Posts
It would be the devil after me for sure if, after all the bad things I've said about the Nine, the twist turns out to be a great nude scene, like in the Whole Nine Yards movie, with one of the girls doing it to distract so someone can grab the gun or something. Since we know it is not sci-fi by the ending already shown, it COULD be something like this that happened in that vault they did not want to tell. I have just talked myself into checking those episodes out. After all as several said, not much else on. After waiting for Studio 60 to do Amanda Peet in such a scene (and it would not have been cancelled either) it will sure be ironic if that is the Nine's big event.

·
Registered
331 Posts
visionary said:
It would be the devil after me for sure if, after all the bad things I've said about the Nine, the twist turns out to be a great nude scene, like in the Whole Nine Yards movie, with one of the girls doing it to distract so someone can grab the gun or something. Since we know it is not sci-fi by the ending already shown, it COULD be something like this that happened in that vault they did not want to tell. I have just talked myself into checking those episodes out. After all as several said, not much else on. After waiting for Studio 60 to do Amanda Peet in such a scene (and it would not have been cancelled either) it will sure be ironic if that is the Nine's big event.
I think I need to take a shower. :down:

·
Banned
5,065 Posts
Me too. You know it was on at 10pm, and will still be on at 10pm, adult hours for TV. I just watched the videos on ABC com, and there is this long poker game, and talk of stress and how to relieve the stress of the robbery? Hey, maybe they all get into a strip poker game, and even an orgy, and like it so well they don't want to come out till the cops make them. No wonder they don't want to tell what happened in the vault! If only I was the producer, I'd know how to get high ratings for this show, for sure.

·
Makes Bathtime Fun!
134 Posts
Sheesh! Wouldn't you know... I JUST finally took it off SP (had still been thinking they'd burn it off this summer but then gave up) just a few days ago. Maybe I was the one holding it back!

I really liked this show, but that's discouraging that they still won't resolve it. I'll probably watch it and just FF through to the characters I enjoyed and skip the others, knowing it won't matter. Or I could just watch more of Big Brother! :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.