TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! I’ve been a TiVo user since they launched (along with long lost ReplayTV) and the main reason I’ve stuck with it is TiVo desktop to offload and archive my shows. I’ve been using the same install on the same Windows 10 machine and same TiVo Bolt+ for well over a year and last week I got the above error, one I’ve never seen in all the years I’ve used the program. Searching for help brings up really old “tips” that basically boil down to “reboot everything” which I’ve done multiple times. Nothing has changed on my machine recently other than whatever updates Microsoft has thrown at Windows 10.

Any ideas of what to check? Is this a firewall issue or something else? I’ve still got plenty of space but with the new Fall shows mere weeks away I’m gonna need to offload sooner rather than later. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

· TiVoholic by the bay
14,932 Posts
Since Tivo has discontinued support for Tivo Desktop, it may be due to the expired security certificate.

Another programs that still lets you do PC-to-Tivo transfers is PyTivo/PyTivo Desktop.

Reactions: clubside

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestion! I installed the pyTivo Desktop from the official download page, put in my MAK, said not to install DirectShow since I have TiVo Desktop installed, launched it, got a Windows Firewall dialog, chose Accept, get "No Tivos found!"

I opened port 9032 in the Firewall manually and it had no effect. All the troubleshooting advice seems to be for the non-Desktop version. Any ideas?

· Registered
7,682 Posts
Are you running TE4 on your Bolt? I thought someone else had reported an issue with TiVo Desktop with a recent update but others indicated it was still working with the 3rd party programs (like pyTivo Desktop). I have a similar issue with pyTivo Desktop also not discovering any of the 3 TiVo's on the network but TiVo Desktop still discovers them and works fine but I haven't spent any time to find out why.

Scott

· Registered
190 Posts
Good to know I'm not alone in thinking I was going crazy- I've been getting this message too after using Desktop for YEARS without issue and now that error and can no longer xfr file and use DirectShowDump to convert them. I did d/l Pytivo and the interface is SO much better than I recall trying it many years ago so I guess I'll stick with PyTivo.

· Registered
34 Posts
I am having the same issue, with the same message. Tivo desktop works with Roamio OTA just fine. Just bought a second Roamio OTA for another room. Desktop opens up properly. When the first Roamio is selected, it lists recordings, will download properly and play the video. The new Roamio is detected by desktop. When selected, however, I get the listed message and no shows are listed.

Although both are Roamio OTA models, the old one has the initial interface while the new one has the new "experience" interface. The old Roamio is hardwired to the router, via ethernet, while the new one is wifi connected to the router. Signal is fine and and can transfer video from new machine to old one.

· TiVoholic by the bay
14,932 Posts
Confirm the new Tivo box is listed on your Tivo.com account, Under DVR Preferences the sharing/Transfers are checked (click save at bottom), The Media Access Key should be the same across the account, and all your Tivo boxes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.