TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
59,386 Posts
This is only a problem with PS transfers. Try TS instead. There is a feature in pyTivo Desktop where you can enable a choice option, so it'll have a little PS and TS link next to each show. So if for some reason one method or the other fails you can just click the other link to get the other type.

Note: PS does not work with H.264 videos and there is no information at all the TiVo provides about the codec prior to downloading, so if you pick PS and end up with audio only the show likely had H.264 video and you'll have to use TS instead.

·
Super Moderator
59,386 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for pointing me to pyTiVo. I was able to transfer the entire file and quickly edit and save in MKV format using VideoReDo. I tried to transfer a file from the TiVo Edge using pyTiVo. This attempt crashes the TiVo Edge. I believe this is know problem with the current version of the software running on the Edge. However, I am able to transfer files to the premiere TiVo from the Edge and download them to my PC. Thanks again for your guidance.
I've heard that they "might" actually be working on a fix for the Edge. But no promises.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.