TiVo Community Forum banner
81 - 100 of 232 Posts

· Retired
15,667 Posts
This 2nd episode was not my favorite. I really dislike suspense, and the whole episode was suspense.... It felt like they were just moving from one location to the next, and I guess teaching us about the clickers. I didn't think there was much story telling in this episode, but probably needed to set up future episodes.

From the previews, it looks like there will be more development, dialogue, storytelling, etc
Sorry it wasn't your thing. I really enjoy suspense and thought they did a great job. I know nothing about the game and very surprised (and bummed) about Tess. To me they set that up perfectly. I love Anna Torv and thought/hoped she'd be around longer.

I thought the visuals in this ep were great. I paused a few times just to check out the world. And while it was dark when they were trying to evade the clickers in the museum, I enjoyed a 'battle' scene that wasn't so dark that I couldn't tell what was happening.

I haven't tried the official show podcast yet, but adding it to my list.

· 4 8 15 16 23 42
13,640 Posts
Tomato-tomahto :) When a show has zombies (or vampires, or crazy psychotic Chuckie style killers) it's a horror show to me. FWIW, DirecTV classifies it as horror, so I guess THEY do :)
This reminds me of a friend of mine back when X-Files was airing who refused to watch because it was horror...

Same here. Just subscribed, and downloaded the first two. I've never listened to a podcast from a TV series, but I keep hearing good things about this one. Plus... Craig Mazin.
I'm a big podcast fan (not highly produced ones, things like fans talking tv shows or musicians discussing their craft, interviewing their fellow musician friends, etc.) but got into the Battlestar Galactica official one with RDM as it aired, and later Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul. Official ones give great insight, especially when the shows have dense storylines.

· Incognito
4,561 Posts
So I still haven't watched E2 yet and I am not reading much of the posts here. We were just talking about E1 in the office and at the beginning of the scene in Boston where the kid is walking into the camp they had immunity as well. They were fine, probably dehydrated, but otherwise it appears they were immune too.

Were they killed because it was unknown, or is it to keep power?

· Registered
467 Posts
So I still haven't watched E2 yet and I am not reading much of the posts here. We were just talking about E1 in the office and at the beginning of the scene in Boston where the kid is walking into the camp they had immunity as well. They were fine, probably dehydrated, but otherwise it appears they were immune too.

If you mean the young kid they put in the wheelchair who had a leg/knee wound. I believe they used a test device that displayed "red" which I assumed meant infected.

· I am Groot!
59,034 Posts

Who had immunity?

· Incognito
4,561 Posts
If you mean the young kid they put in the wheelchair who had a leg/knee wound. I believe they used a test device that displayed "red" which I assumed meant infected.
So did Ellie and which is why the guard is dead

Who had immunity?
The kid walking into Boston at the beginning of the scene. They told the kid they could have cookies and toys and it (injection) would only hurt for a second. Then later we saw the kid's body tossed into the fire.

Okay I am going to have to leave this chat for now so I don't get spoiled! :cool:

· Registered
6,522 Posts

The kid walking into Boston at the beginning of the scene. They told the kid they could have cookies and toys and it (injection) would only hurt for a second. Then later we saw the kid's body tossed into the fire.

Okay I am going to have to leave this chat for now so I don't get spoiled! :cool:
Ellie showed as infected but her wound had healed, the kid’s had not. It just hadn’t been 12-24 hours yet.

· I am Groot!
59,034 Posts

They lied to the kid so the kid wouldn't freak out that she was about to be killed.

Ellie is, apparently, unique. She tested positive, but wasn't affected by the fungus. Everybody else who has ever tested positive has succumbed to the fungus within hours.

· Incognito
4,561 Posts
Same here. Just subscribed, and downloaded the first two. I've never listened to a podcast from a TV series, but I keep hearing good things about this one. Plus... Craig Mazin.
I enjoyed ep1 and now that I’ve seen E2 I can listen to the second podcast episode.

My kids had a late play date so I was able to sneak it in!

· Cat God
17,545 Posts
I listened to both episodes and they give some backstory to the process.

It’s a good thing I listened to the Chernobyl podcast so I know Mazin’s voice. The other 2 I get confused who’s talking at times. The one asking the question is Troy Baker who played Joel in the games.

· Super Moderator
55,697 Posts
I never played the game and was on the fence about this one as usually shows coming from video games are horrible. I watched the first half hour or so, and when the old lady turned into a zombie with the exact stereotypical zombie movements and activity as many other series, I figured, typical zombie show, I'm not lasting too long watching this. But they seemed to cut back on the zombie stuff for the rest and it just seems more about post apocalyptic world than zombies per se. That's also a bit of a played out plot trope, but generally more interesting. But I thought it was just OK, but interesting enough to at least give it another episode or two. It certainly looked great in Dolby Vision and had a decent Dolby Atmos soundtrack, which is usually enough to keep me interested for a bit. I'm not hooked, just intrigued at this point.
The story isn’t really about zombies. It’s more to do with the relationship between Joel and Elli and the things they encounter along the way.

· Registered
10,498 Posts

That’s a good point. Chances are kid was not sick. How else could he have wondered in all alone? Likely everyone he was with was dead or a zombie and he was fine.

Now, did they kill him because they didn’t realize he wasn’t really sick? Or, those in power know about the immunity but want to keep it suppressed. They’ve already demonstrated their ruthlessness with their power with the public hangings.

· I am Groot!
59,034 Posts
That’s a good point. Chances are kid was not sick. How else could he have wondered in all alone? Likely everyone he was with was dead or a zombie and he was fine.

Now, did they kill him because they didn’t realize he wasn’t really sick? Or, those in power know about the immunity but want to keep it suppressed. They’ve already demonstrated their ruthlessness with their power with the public hangings.
I suspect you're overthinking it? The kid tested positive, so he probably really was sick. Presumably, he was bitten shortly before he arrived. Remember, nobody has a clue that immune people even exist. That's why Ellie is so valuable. She's the first.

81 - 100 of 232 Posts