TiVo Community Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,106 Posts
As a book reader, I cannot understand how they will manage to finish book 6 in one more episode. This last episode is going to have to be action-packed. Yeesh.

Can't wait for next week!

·
Series 3
32,158 Posts
Maybe they're doing a 2 hour episode?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I liked it and I'm picky about season and series finales (do not get me started on the season finale of Manifest that I watched last night).

Has anyone been able to access to bonus video for episode 6? I can't see it via the Prime Video app on Windows which has worked fine for the bonus videos on episodes 1 - 5.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Has anyone been able to access to bonus video for episode 6? I can't see it via the Prime Video app on Windows which has worked fine for the bonus videos on episodes 1 - 5.
I've not seen any indication that there is one. We all assumed there would be one, but I don't see one listed anywhere, and I see discussions about "the 5 bonus episodes" where people seem to have known there would only be 5.

·
Now with flavor!
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I liked it and I'm picky about season and series finales
Strangely, Amazon has never advertised it as a series finale. Just a season finale. Take that as you will.

Liked it a lot. Reminded me a lot of how Season 3 ended. Perfect stopping point.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
While there's no 'credits scene', the credits backdrop is subtly different, and worth watching.

·
I am Groot!
61,659 Posts
Yeah, if they had to stop in the middle of the story, that was a good spot to do it.

Except for the Laconia stuff, which bizarrely ended on a cliffhanger. I can't really tell why it was included at all. Maybe that should have been the bonus material..?

·
Now with flavor!
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I can't really tell why it was included at all.
Cara and Xan are in the latter books. And the "Strange Dogs" novella ends the exact same way- so the cliffhanger is very intentional.

Showing anything from Laconia is merely seeding plot for potential follow ups. I'm convinced the showrunners want to do the last 3 books; otherwise we wouldn't have seen this much of Laconia in the last seven episodes. (the books don't even show Laconia until Book 7)

But they're at the mercy of the money powers that be.

Reactions: jakerock

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Yeah, if they had to stop in the middle of the story, that was a good spot to do it.

Except for the Laconia stuff, which bizarrely ended on a cliffhanger. I can't really tell why it was included at all. Maybe that should have been the bonus material..?
The Laconia stuff was all based on the Novella "Strange Dogs" and was the complete story told in the book as it also ended with the same cliffhanger. I'm really not sure why they included it with Babylon's Ashes since it actually comes after that book in the series.

The story stopped at the end of the war with Marcos and the Free Navy so it was as good a stopping point as any. The next full book in the series (Persepolis Rising) picks up years later when Laconia becomes a major military faction (I'm still in the process of reading that one). To date, there are two additional books in the series (Tiamat's Wrath and Auberon) so perhaps someone will pick up the rest of the series down the road.

·
Meh.
41,194 Posts
The end of Marcos and the Free Navy seemed very sudden.

Can't say that I was happy that Filip snuck out the back door.

It was probably just the camera angles but it always was odd to me whenever spaceships seemed to fly flamey part first. Also that there was thruster sound in space on this show.

·
I am Groot!
61,659 Posts
To date, there are two additional books in the series (Tiamat's Wrath and Auberon) so perhaps someone will pick up the rest of the series down the road.
Auberon isn't a novel, it's another novella. The ninth (and final) novel is Leviathan Falls (which just came out).
It was probably just the camera angles but it always was odd to me whenever spaceships seemed to fly flamey part first.
Half the time, they do. They fly flamey part back on the first half of the journey, then turn around and fly flamey part forward the second half (so they lose all the velocity they gained on the first half, otherwise they would just fly past their destination at incredible speed).

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
The end of Marcos and the Free Navy seemed very sudden.

It was probably just the camera angles but it always was odd to me whenever spaceships seemed to fly flamey part first. Also that there was thruster sound in space on this show.
But yet there were no pew pew sounds from the projectiles hitting Bobbie's suit before she blew up the railguns.

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,106 Posts
That's from the books, although it happened much more realistically there (really, he just takes a little escape ship when the Pella is gearing up to fight and no one seems to notice?)

In fact while watching the episode I was going to comment to my wife (who has not read the books) that Filip dying was different than the books but decided to wait until the end just in case... good thing I did :)

Reactions: cwerdna

·
Proud Tivolutionary
16,518 Posts
I was two eps behind last night due to being so busy but I ended up staying up late and watching the final two eps.

In the books, does Marco get killed at this point and in a similar/the same way? I take it that by this point, she doesn't know Filip escaped? I was surprised by that.

Also, did the same thing transpire w/Holden where he becomes president of the transport union but in the end, Drummer's in charge?

61 - 80 of 93 Posts