TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Series 3
32,158 Posts
I snorted when Rosenfeld said, "The people love him (Marco)".

I realize that Holden isn't always the most communicative person but I'm not sure why he couldn't just say to Amo, "I couldn't kill Naomi's son!".

Bold move by Drummer.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Finally got around to watching the extra x-ray content. Kind of strange little extras. Can't they just make the regular episodes any length they want since it's on a streaming service? Not sure what the point of basically hiding five extra minutes of each show was. The bonus videos also didn't have captions available. Between some hearing loss and the belter accents, I didn't get much of the dialogue from the first video!

I was able to watch them via a Firestick; they still don't show up on Chromecast. Glad I figured out that if you just go to the most recent episode and pause it, then it'll show all the bonus short videos up to that episode. Initially I went to the first regular episode and paused it, which only showed the first bonus short. Doing that also marked my first regular episode as unwatched, which goofed up the continue watching. How is it that none of the streaming services offer the option to just manually mark episodes as watched without having to replay it and fast forward to the end?

Unrelated... but it seems like this season Inaros has a voice that sounds like Cookie Monster. I didn't remember him sounding like that, but maybe he didn't speak much before. Holden's voice is very rough now too, but I think that was part of the plot that I'm just not remembering the details of?

·
Proud Tivolutionary
16,518 Posts
In the books, was there the same/similar situation where Holden called off an attack to kill Marco Inaros and for the same reason that he told Naomi?

Not sure folks noticed that in the end credits, several of the main cast members are now part of the producer staff. Originally, I only recall that Steven Strait was. I'm not sure how many others were during earlier seasons...

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,106 Posts
In the books, was there the same/similar situation where Holden called off an attack to kill Marco Inaros and for the same reason that he told Naomi?
Yes, that's pretty much straight from the books.

Reactions: cwerdna

·
Now with flavor!
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Not sure folks noticed that in the end credits, several of the main cast members are now part of the producer staff. Originally, I only recall that Steven Strait was. I'm not sure how many others were during earlier seasons...
Its a form of compensation. Aghdashloo, Tipper and Chatham were bumped to producers, Strait to EP.

Reactions: cwerdna

·
Series 3
32,158 Posts
Its a form of compensation. Aghdashloo, Tipper and Chatham were bumped to producers, Strait to EP.
Strait's been an EP for a while now. Aghdashloo, Tipper and Chatham were bumped this season.

I guess when you don't have to pay Cas Anvar........

·
Random Nobody
7,591 Posts
Gotta give props to the costume department. The reporter was sporting an awesome suit in the last scene she was in during the latest episode.

--Carlos V.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
How is it that none of the streaming services offer the option to just manually mark episodes as watched without having to replay it and fast forward to the end?

Unrelated... but it seems like this season Inaros has a voice that sounds like Cookie Monster. I didn't remember him sounding like that, but maybe he didn't speak much before. Holden's voice is very rough now too, but I think that was part of the plot that I'm just not remembering the details of?
Apple TV is the only one I know of that has "mark as watched."

Inaros' voice is really bothering me this season. It's like he's talking in a very loud whisper.

·
Now with flavor!
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Strait's been an EP for a while now. Aghdashloo, Tipper and Chatham were bumped this season.
IMDB has Strait credited as a Producer since 2018. (Season 3)

·
Now with flavor!
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I like that the creators are still paying homage to the Alex Kamal character. They get that losing the character was a huge blow to the fans. And these little snippets of respect they're dropping make the medicine easier to swallow.

·
Now with flavor!
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I have not read the books, but how can this show end in just one more episode?!?!?
Season Six adapts book six, Babylon's Ashes. The show *will* reach the end of that story next week. Its a good place to stop.

Hopefully, they can do books 7 8 9 someday. But no one, not Alcon, not Amazon, not the showrunners, writers, or cast is committing to anything now.

·
All About Footwork
31,731 Posts
Is it me or does the actor playing Holden look very gaunt (NOT Goth!)? is he sick in real life?

Reactions: Amnesia

·
Now with flavor!
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Actor's performance and appearance choice to depict the grindof Six months of constant fighting.

Reactions: Anubys
41 - 60 of 93 Posts