·
Now with flavor!
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Now with flavor!
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Premieres Friday @ 12am GMT. (that's 7PM Thursday nite EST in NA)

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
There's also a 5 minutes bonus episode entitled "Ankawala", which shows up as "Bonus Content", but does so inconsistently. (ie, if someone hadn't told me it existed, and I hadn't went poking through menus looking for it, I would never have known). Provides a little more context into Drummer's ship.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
So, when Marcus was talking about Medenia Station, as they walked away from the camera they clearly mentioned Laconia, but I couldn't get what they actually said in the middle of the sentence. I had to flip on CC, I leave the text here just so noone else has to do the same:

Rosenfeld: Medina needs more titanium. A lot more. The Laconian pieces have been harder to install than expected, and we need to reinforce the abutments.
Marcus: Give them whatever they need.

(I'm still not 100% clear what has / has not made it to / from Laconia after the way they left things at the end of Season 5)

·
Now with flavor!
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here's also a 5 minutes bonus episode entitled "Ankawala", which shows up as "Bonus Content", but does so inconsistently.
FYI, the "Ankawala" short isn't showing up in streaming apps for sticks/set top boxes. (FireTV, Android TV) The only way I could see it was on my phone/tablet. (They had the same problem in previous seasons with the X-Ray video extras showing up)

(I'm still not 100% clear what has / has not made it to / from Laconia after the way they left things at the end of Season 5)
Fred Johnson's PM sample made it to Laconia. So they're definitely futzing with it. And Cortazar, the leading PM expert since Dresden died, is down there too.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
I just watched the first episode of season 6 and it basically started out exactly as I expected from reading the short Novella "Strange Dogs" that is sandwiched in between Book 6, "Babylon's Ashes," and Book 7, "Persepolis Rising." It seems a bit out of sequence considering that Season 6 appears to based on Book 6 and not Book 7. I also expected the sequence with the young girl on Laconia to be much more involved than the short snippet they showed. Perhaps they plan to revisit that later in the season. I'm surprised they're even introducing Laconia into the mix since they plan on ending the series after season 6 and the impact of Laconia in the series doesn't really kick in until Book 7. Perhaps they somehow plan on merging Books 6 and 7 into season 6, which would be difficult seeing as how season 6 is only going to be six episodes. It's unlikely since the final episode of each season has been titled after the book that it was based upon and the season 6 finale is named "Babylon's Ashes."

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,104 Posts
The arc of S6 with respect to the books has been widely published: season 6 will cover only book 6, plus Strange Dogs, and nothing from books 7, 8, 9 will appear. Of course I guess they could be tricking us.

Since Strange Dogs doesn't interact with the Sol plot I don't think it matters what order they show them in. I'm quite sure that is not the last we'll see of Laconia: the rest of the Strange Dogs story will play out in the next 5 episodes of the season.

Reactions: tim1724

·
Meh.
41,190 Posts
I could listen to Shohreh Aghdashloo drop f-bombs all day. They are so unexpectedly expected that it makes me laugh.

Reactions: tim1724

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
-------
Season 6 Episode 2 is up, spoilers for Ep 2 "Azure Dragon" likely beyond this point.
Bonus content includes a 5 minutes short named: 2. Zenobia, likely hiding in the same place 1. Ankawala did last week.
-------

·
Now with flavor!
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice fast-paced action-ey episode.

A little irked by Strange Dogs taking so much time.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I can only think they're trying to set up a potential run of Seasons/Books 7-9 after their Amazon deal runs out. Why explain what's going on at Laconia if not that? Things don't really pick up there until Book 7

·
Now with flavor!
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can only think they're trying to set up a potential run of Seasons/Books 7-9 after their Amazon deal runs out. Why explain what's going on at Laconia if not that?
I firmly believe if we do get books 7-9, it won't be for at least 3-4 years.

I don't mind them telling the SD story, just wish it didn't consume so much time. "Drive" took barely 15 mins to tell, and "Butcher of Anderson Station" took far less.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
I didn't quite follow what happened on the hull of the belter ship after the two belters came over the side and exchanged gunfire with Bobbie. It looked like Bobbie shot the two belters, Clarissa activated her implant, ran to them, and threw up in her suit, and there was a gash in the hull. Which kinda confused me.

I just rewatched it, the action shifts around so fast it just wasn't clear (on first viewing) that a third belter was coming up behind Bobbie with a weapon that could blow through her suit, Clarissa took him out, and as she did so he fired missing Bobbie. So Clarissa did save Bobbie (as was discussed later in the ship), it just wasn't easy to follow on screen as it happened.

As to spending 5 minutes at the beginning of each episode (so far) on Laconia, I'm ok with it. I'm sure they'll likely keep that plotline going, lightly entwined with the rogue MCRN activity in orbit, as a constant reminder they're out there, and that weird things are afoot through the gates. Because otherwise, we might forget if the show focuses entirely on Earth/Belter/Ring Station activity.

·
All About Footwork
31,728 Posts
I tried hard to wait until all the episodes have dropped before binging the show. I failed at episode 2 :)

I agree the sequence with Bobbie and Clarissa was too fast to see but I got the gist of it from what they said afterward. Loved the part where Clarissa was happy to be chewed out because she is now part of the crew. But I didn't understand why she was chewed out in the first place. If she had waited to ask for permission, they would've all - in all likelihood - died. Don't people have to improvise in the middle of a battle?

or was she being chewed out for something else?

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I don’t think Holden was referring to the battle. Holden was referring to when Peaches took Naomi’s place when she froze. She had time then to request permission to do so.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
I don't think Holden was referring to the battle. Holden was referring to when Peaches took Naomi's place when she froze. She had time then to request permission to do so.
And Holden at that point may not have exactly known what happened, why Peaches jumped in Naomi's place. He may have felt Peaches too quickly discounted Naomi's ability to get the job done. So there might have been a personal aspect to it as well. (Because it did seem a little out of place given how we know things played out)

1 - 20 of 86 Posts