TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a solution to the audio drop-out issue with 6.3d? It began with only OTA feeds and now seems to be on satellite feeds as well.

I'm not sure if replacing the drive, power supply, or downgrading will help this situation. It would be nice to know if there are expectations for a 6.3e version to address this. I didn't have these drop outs with 6.3c.

I performed that complete clear of the Tivo earlier today and the problem did not improve.

If hardware is needed to bring this box back into performing at an acceptable level, I'm not sure I'm ready to do that.

Thanks in advance...Randy

·
Registered
406 Posts
The first thing to do is make sure you do not have any leaves that can interfere with the line of sight for your dish.

Also, test both your satellite signal strength and your off-air signal strength.

Even though you didn't seem to have problems until 6.3d, either of these could still be causing your problem.

Depending on whether or not you feel competent about hard drives with your computer, you also might want to check out InstantCake. The only versions I can currently find on their web site are 3.1.5f and 6.3d, but you could ask them if they still have a version with 6.3c.

Their contact web page is http://www.dvrupgrade.com/dvr/stores/1/contactus.cfm.

·
Lurker turned Poster
181 Posts
New power supply fixed my audio dropout issues instantly. Since they started around the time of the 6.3d upgrade, I assumed that it was to blame. I suppose it could have somehow triggered the slow death of the previous power supply but I am not knowledgeable enough about such things. The point is a new ps ($69 from Weaknees) fixed everything. Took about 15 minutes to swap it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.