TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't forget the first part of The Company, a mini-series about the CIA, begins Sunday night on TNT. My Sunday nights are a vast wasteland right now so it will be nice to have something to watch. Hope it is worth my time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
etexlady said:
Don't forget the first part of The Company, a mini-series about the CIA, begins Sunday night on TNT. My Sunday nights are a vast wasteland right now so it will be nice to have something to watch. Hope it is worth my time.
I am looking forward to this show. However Sunday is one of my favorite nights of TV with 4400 and The Dead Zone.
 

·
I am Groot!
Joined
·
57,981 Posts
needo said:
I am looking forward to this show. However Sunday is one of my favorite nights of TV with 4400 and The Dead Zone.
Yeah, Sunday is the busiest night of the summer for me. 4400, Dead Zone, Entourage, John From Cincinnati, and late-night, Kidnapped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hope someone else watched this because it was excellent. Took a while to figure out all the characters but, IMO, it was quite suspenseful and held my attention for the full two hours. I'm probably older than a lot of you guys but I grew up during the cold war. I recall it being a rather scary time when I allowed myself to think about it.
 

·
kharmawesome expert
Joined
·
15,362 Posts
I thought it dragged quite a bit in the beginning, but at about the late-midway mark, things started to gather speed. I'm intrigued enough that I'll probably try and catch the next part.

Boy, Chris O'Donnell is looking old. Made probably the oldest-looking Yalie I've seen in a while!

Oh, and Rory Cochrane's drunk voice is exactly the same as his stoned voice. Made me chuckle.
 

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
Joined
·
58,971 Posts
Rob Helmerichs said:
Yeah, Sunday is the busiest night of the summer for me. 4400, Dead Zone, Entourage, John From Cincinnati, and late-night, Kidnapped.
Is that the Kidnapped from NBC last fall, or something else? If yes, where/when is it airing?

As for The Company, I recorded it because it looked intriguing, but I read some horrible reviews of it, so I haven't gotten around to watching. Should I?
 

·
Registered Snoozer
Joined
·
6,384 Posts
ced6 said:
I thought it dragged quite a bit in the beginning, but at about the late-midway mark, things started to gather speed.
Yup. Too many people sitting around trying to wax poetic about spying and espionage. I became bored in the first 10 minutes, FF'd to the half hour mark, and didn't feel I missed a thing. I then FF'd again to maybe the 45 minute or the hour mark, and STILL don't think I missed anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,061 Posts
Just finished watching the whole series in a back to back marathon. I really enjoyed it immensely and it's made me go out and get some books and do some research into the subject matter. I thought O'Donnell was excellent, as was Speedle and Mr Keaton.

Very enjoyable.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top