TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
TIVO Maniac
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really think this is one of the best shows on TV. I have faithfully watched every episode since season 1--something I can't say for many shows.

Can someone fill me in on the last 10 seconds--I didn't have my show padded. I can only presume what happened. If I knew how to use spoilers I would write what I saw.

·
Save the Moderatоr
57,169 Posts
Any discussion about what went on in this episode does not require the use of spoilers because this episode is identified in the thread title, which implicitly means it can contain spoilers for this and any earlier episode.

I found this to be a very annoying episode. Well done, but annoying, which I suppose is what they were going for. It was very disappointing seeing so many characters I heretofore respected go to the dark side and become just as bad as any criminal they're pursuing. Even Brenda sank a bit by participating in the cover up as long as she got what she wanted, then in some ways went one worse than everyone else by punishing David as she did, yet she materially participated in the entire thing just as much as anyone else did.

The only clean officers left are those who weren't involved at all.

It'll be interesting if they go somewhere further with this storyline in future episodes rather than just let it end with David wearing a mad face and accepting a 10-day suspension.

·
I am Groot!
61,659 Posts
I liked everything about it that Doug didn't like--up until the end, when they copped out by having the guy kill himself. One thing I LOVED about this show in the beginning was that people's actions had consequences, and it looked for a while in this episode that they were taking that notion to the next level. But they effect was that they walked up to the precipice, jumped off--and then floated back safely to the edge.

·
TIVO Maniac
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dswallow said:
It'll be interesting if they go somewhere further with this storyline in future episodes rather than just let it end with David wearing a mad face and accepting a 10-day suspension.
So was that how it ended...I saw how David signed the paper and stood up but that was it. Was anything more said?

·
Just someone
17,204 Posts
Rugged said:
So was that how it ended...I saw how David signed the paper and stood up but that was it. Was anything more said?
The recording cut off slightly early. :( But I happened to be watching near-Live. After David signed the paper, Brenda asked if he'd do the same thing if he was put in a room with another (I forget the name of the bad guy). He said he didn't know, and she told him not to come back until he did.

·
TIVO Maniac
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TIVO_GUY_HERE said:
Anyone else think he didn't commit suicide?
I was a little skeptical of that too...does anyone know what was written on his hand. If it really was a note to his mom than I am sure he did it.

·
I miss the ocean
7,264 Posts
He signed the confession with his right hand, and the suicide note is written on his right hand. Even Brenda gave a little look

·
TIVO Maniac
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TIVO_GUY_HERE said:
He signed the confession with his right hand, and the suicide note is written on his right hand. Even Brenda gave a little look
Well I sure missed that...Conspiracy confirmed. Those darn cops will do anything...not that there's anything wrong with that....just kidding.

·
Just someone
17,204 Posts
TIVO_GUY_HERE said:
I missed that, but I did think how convienient the "suicide" was.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Until last night, I don't remember hearing Sgt. Gabriel's first name. I had to think every time they called him "David".

I enjoyed the episode, as always, but I also didn't like the idea of the police basically becoming animals like the one that was arrested. My feeling is that if you're so sure the "bad" thing you're doing is really the right thing then you should stand up and face the consequences. While he would have faced departmental censure, I'm pretty sure that had the video been played he'd have got off lightly on any criminal or civil problems that were to come up.

·
Registered
22,374 Posts
Being on the West Coast we recorded the one at 6:00 PST on TNTHD and watched it later. After it cut off I realized it was running again at 9PST and we flipped over to watch the end. One interesting thing I noticed was that in the 9PM West Coast feed they didn't show the prisoner hung in his cell. Instead they went from "the Better news is no trial" to where Brenda and David were discussing his punishment and she mentioned that there was not trial because the guy killed himself. That allowed the show to end in the alloted 1:10.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I'm on the west coast, recorded the 6PM showing, but didn't miss anything. Luckily I have soft padding enabled on my DirecTiVo, adding 1 min at the beginning, 5 at the end, so it looks like it was just enough to catch it all.

It did seem like there was more of the previous episode at the beginning than usual. Perhaps everything was running late?

·
The Question
11,575 Posts
What I didn't like is that this is only the second time we've seen Gabriel act against Brenda and they were both (arguably) race-related. (The first one was a few weeks ago with the ex-gang member turned politician.)

Just because the guy's black doesn't mean that the character can only get worked up by racial issues. I'd have happier if the little girl was white and he acted the same way...or if the politician he wanted to protect was white...

·
Debates Ghee vs Gi
26,517 Posts
I missed the scene with the note on his hand apparently. My tivo recorded the 11pm showing, maybe that's why.

I thought this episode was really awful. Every cop cliche possible was thrown in. When did cops and the fbi both start looking for kids missing for an hour or so? Also, do they think we've never seen a police show where someone beats a suspect? I can only assume they do think that because otherwise this show's plot had little substance.

This show should stick to columbo style interrogations as the focus and not cop cliches. Probably asking too much.

·
huh?
3,179 Posts
I loved this episode!! I liked how the other chief was helping her out, being the bad cop for her to save her pride...... or dignity or whatever. Good episode!!

·
Registered
22,374 Posts
TAsunder said:
I missed the scene with the note on his hand apparently. My tivo recorded the 11pm showing, maybe that's why.
Ok so it wasn't just me. They didn't include that scene in the later showing, as I said previously.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts