TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Meh.
42,140 Posts
I was looking through Prime and saw that this series is available in History Vault... starting with episode 6. I guess that makes sense in some universe especially since I'm actually paying for History Vault..

Reactions: mattack

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Frak. ST Discovery ran over (like it usually does) and thus cut half into the show. Now I have to actually see if it's streaming somewhere...I keep forgetting Discovery just can't keep to its timeslot and always runs over shifting all the other programming around.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Frak. ST Discovery ran over (like it usually does) and thus cut half into the show. Now I have to actually see if it's streaming somewhere...I keep forgetting Discovery just can't keep to its timeslot and always runs over shifting all the other programming around.
Wrong Sci-Fi series reference (GRIN)

·
Proud Tivolutionary
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Finally finished the ep that covered Phase II and TMP. That was a great ep! I knew about Phase II and Xon. I think I heard something about TMP being really rushed and down to the wire but didn't realize it was that bad and that the FX house, Abel failed that badly.

I'd known about John Dykstra and Andrew Probert's name comes up a lot in books. I'd just not seen him on TV/video. I didn't know about the fighting between Livingston and Roddenberry.

I have a deal from Roku for some channels including History Vault for only 99 cents/month good for 2 months. The deal ends up in about a week so I guess I'll subscribe to that channel/service to catch more/all of the remaining eps.

·
Proud Tivolutionary
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I finally found the time to get started on the eps that aren't being aired on TV via History Vault and a 99 cent/month deal via Roku.

In the middle of Queue for Q, labeled as ep 5. Am really enjoying it so far. The infamous lawyer that was mentioned a lot in Chaos on the Bridge was brought up a bunch.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Yeah, we're two weeks behind. It's been interesting - I still remember growing up and hearing about how TAS wasn't Trek, or how STTMP was just awful, but it's nice having a different perspective on things. (I grew up in the TNG era, so everything pre-TNG I really haven't watched).

It was also funny since it airs after TOS on a rerun, so when I caught the first episode, there it was, Desilu studios.

I'm certainly enjoying the series

·
Registered
26,253 Posts
The last two episodes that aired on TV so far seemed slightly different than the previous episodes.. they seemed a LOT more funny.. and I thought it was great that they actually paid for clips of other shows/movies they mentioned -- AND those clips were involved in their narrator jokes too.

·
Proud Tivolutionary
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
What's available for me via History Vault subscription in the Roku app is weird. The 4 eps that aired on History Channel aren't present. I currently only have these:
E5: Queue for Q
E6: Dancing with Syndication on the Pale Moonlight - was on DS9
E8: Starships A-Z
E10: Trek Stars

So, it'd seem E7 and 9 are missing. Are they available elsewhere already or were they ones that aired and I'm missing something else?

Since someone else mentioned Amazon Prime, it seems Watch The Center Seat: 55 Years of Star Trek Season 1 | Prime Video has the above + ep 7 but not 9.

Update: I closed Roku app's details page, searched for center seat again and now, it shows E1 thru 6 (so the 4 that aired on TV are present) then 8 and 10.

·
Proud Tivolutionary
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I submitted a help request with History Vault support the other day. I actually got a reply back. Their response in part read:
Thanks for reaching out. We have re-delivered Episode 7 to Roku and it is in processing. We expect it to be available soon.

Episode 9 has not been released yet, but should be available by next Friday.
I checked earlier today and on my Roku 3, it still only has eps 5, 6, 8 and 10. And, their iOS app still has eps 1 to 4, 5, 6 and 8.

It's odd that their set top box app has such a difference. If anyone has a Roku box/stick and is missing eps 1 to 4, you may want to reach out to Roku or History Vault support.

·
Proud Tivolutionary
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Another update: In the Roku iOS app for History Vault within the Roku channel, I now see eps 1 to 6 and 8 thru 10. Ep 7 is still missing but 9 got added.

Ep 9 is titled "It's Been A Long Time..." and the synopsis confirms that it's about Enterprise.

·
Proud Tivolutionary
16,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'm getting close to done. Was on a vacation and also the release order has been funky. I just started on the Voyager ep.

The Enterprise one was good. I didn't realize a lot of the backstory going on w/Berman vs. Les Moonves and Manny Coto being given the reigns. I had seen every ep of Enterprise, AFAIK.

I totally forgot that they'd tried to jazz up the opening theme a bit by remixing it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts