TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Hrm. so that's what its all about. I saw it in the guide and episode 1 is supposed to air here this week.

Just seems silly that it's happening all at once - Prodigy, Discovery and now this all airing on a single day.

(Canada streaming rights for Star Trek are so horrendously screwed up, it's hilarious. So we get it on cable first, then the network that airs it has streaming rights for like 6 months before it goes to the Canadian paid streaming provider. I know some friends who subscribe and are disappointed at how despite paying, they can't get at the latest episodes I can, who can watch it on cable or stream it from the network.).

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Well, technically we're talking about The Center Seat, whose first episode airs in Canada on Thursday. Alongside Star Trek Prodigy and Star Trek Discovery, since Star Trek Lower Decks finished a few weeks ago. If I'm reading the news correctly, Lower Decks, Prodigy and Discovery air in Canada the same day as they are released on Paramount+. But apparently The Center Seat isn't, and is airing a couple of weeks after they're shown in the US.

So Canada sees episode 1 on Nov 18, which is two weeks after it has shown in the US. I just found it in the guide and was about to skip it when it sounded interesting. I then found this thread to see what it was about, since I've heard nothing about this show.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Frak. ST Discovery ran over (like it usually does) and thus cut half into the show. Now I have to actually see if it's streaming somewhere...I keep forgetting Discovery just can't keep to its timeslot and always runs over shifting all the other programming around.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Yeah, we're two weeks behind. It's been interesting - I still remember growing up and hearing about how TAS wasn't Trek, or how STTMP was just awful, but it's nice having a different perspective on things. (I grew up in the TNG era, so everything pre-TNG I really haven't watched).

It was also funny since it airs after TOS on a rerun, so when I caught the first episode, there it was, Desilu studios.

I'm certainly enjoying the series

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.