TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Just Me!
703 Posts
uncdrew said:
The black sportsnews guys I listen to simply think the show is hilarious and seem to miss all the fairly obvious messages and political and socio-economic themes.
You know I laugh too but I clearly see the critiques he is laying down! Perhaps they do see it but chose not to deal with it? Who knows.

· Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
for many reasons but one of which is his withering attacks on "black culture" and "black society." I wonder who his audience is?
Main audience, black people. He is trying to wake them up. From BET to all the stuff he covers in his strips, he is trying to promote awareness in his own little way.

Did anyone see the King episode (and I have not looked to see if there was a thread for the king episode)? Did you know that the day after it aired the guy behind this 'toon/strip came on Nightline (which has declined DRAMATICALLY in my opinion since Koppel--my news GOD--left) and was questioned about its message and some of its language?
We did have one. I missed him on Nightline but I heard he held his own pretty good...

· Registered
32 Posts
The wife told me once that many races of color are more susceptible to the effects of a high saturated fat diet than caucasians. In college I averaged about 2 burgers a day, and I was constantly falling asleep in my afternoon math/science classes. I know now that heavy food wipes me out, but at the time ... I don't remember whether I fully realized it or not, but it sure would have been nice to have avoided those foods. The Itis can knock a guy right out of college if he's not careful.

· Just Me!
703 Posts
FireMen2003 said:
Main audience, black people. He is trying to wake them up. From BET to all the stuff he covers in his strips, he is trying to promote awareness in his own little way.
That, I believe, is who he would like to or imagines himself talking to. I wonder if that is the case? And if it is the case I wonder if they actually HEAR the message?

FireMen2003 said:
We did have one. I missed him on Nightline but I heard he held his own pretty good...
I thought he kind of stammered a bit and was a bit unclear and a pinch on the defensive at the beginning but in the end I think he pulled it out. I wonder how much flack he got on that episode. Now that I think of it, Google is my friend and so I think I will do a little search!

· Deregistered Snoozer
4,975 Posts
Did anyone notice the letter praising the King episode that they showed during one commercial break? I didn't realize Aaron was on Nightline; darn I'd have liked to have seen that.

I'm sure his target audience must be black: he's got too many in-jokes and slang etc. to be talking to "the establishment", regardless of race.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.