TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. The Lutha burger had a different meaning to it. The Soul Food part was showing how eating all the Soul Food (mainly alot of pork and fast food) can lead to death in black people. The burger was a whole different issue.

· Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dumbunny, gotcha. I think I've seen that book along time ago. That's exactly what I was thinking along the lines too.

I must be dense this week, b/c I missed a lot of the hidden messages and the joke about the name.
Really, TB? I'll start with the restaurant name. Remember when they were eating at Grandad for Sunday dinner and everyone went to sleep except Huey? It was a joke towards ni***itis cause they went to sleep after eating. Case in point for the restaurant to have beds instead of tables because the food is so heavy.

The Lutha burger was an (not sure of the word) to crack epidemic in the '80's and 90's. After people had a few hits of it, they had to keep going back. Remember, the first robbery in the park? The community turned bad. How the dominate white male can use the black male by making the black male think he is getting some financial freedom when in fact, it's all apart of the dominate white male scheme to devaule the property so he can buy it cheaply and then build it for his use. In the end you saw Wunceler smiles as he got to tear down the park, he wanted in the beginning, that became crime ridden thus devalued. Think of how many black neighborhood have chicken shacks, pawn shops, liquor stores, bars and what have you.

Atleast, that's what I took from it. Your opinion might be different. Where's hanumang to discuss the show when you need him? ;)

· Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
for many reasons but one of which is his withering attacks on "black culture" and "black society." I wonder who his audience is?
Main audience, black people. He is trying to wake them up. From BET to all the stuff he covers in his strips, he is trying to promote awareness in his own little way.

Did anyone see the King episode (and I have not looked to see if there was a thread for the king episode)? Did you know that the day after it aired the guy behind this 'toon/strip came on Nightline (which has declined DRAMATICALLY in my opinion since Koppel--my news GOD--left) and was questioned about its message and some of its language?
We did have one. I missed him on Nightline but I heard he held his own pretty good...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.