TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Just Me!
703 Posts
Just to get things straight, the term is niggeritis or nigritis (I am not so sure about the spelling). It names the practice of getting sleepy/falling asleep after a meal. Sorry if that offends anyone (why the hell am I saying sorry? anyhow . . . ). I thought the episode was quite good. I had thought about coming here to see what folks thought of the episode. Glad I remembered and made it over. I thought it was QUITE interesting. I did not see the whole "turning the park into a development thing" coming at the end but he tends to shock me with those twists at the end (though this one was a bit overdetermined and therefore crude). I loved the little shock at the end of his episode where grand dad killed that old mean black man with his fists in the parking lot of the mall and then got off scott free because one of the kids took out a boxing licence.

I find his cartoons are very interesting (and I never read the comic strip. nor do I now read it) for many reasons but one of which is his withering attacks on "black culture" and "black society." I wonder who his audience is? It is also interesting to note that he has gotten in trouble a few times but not for any of his withering attacks on the groups mentioned above.

Did anyone see the King episode (and I have not looked to see if there was a thread for the king episode)? Did you know that the day after it aired the guy behind this 'toon/strip came on Nightline (which has declined DRAMATICALLY in my opinion since Koppel--my news GOD--left) and was questioned about its message and some of its language?

· Just Me!
703 Posts
uncdrew said:
The black sportsnews guys I listen to simply think the show is hilarious and seem to miss all the fairly obvious messages and political and socio-economic themes.
You know I laugh too but I clearly see the critiques he is laying down! Perhaps they do see it but chose not to deal with it? Who knows.

· Just Me!
703 Posts
FireMen2003 said:
Main audience, black people. He is trying to wake them up. From BET to all the stuff he covers in his strips, he is trying to promote awareness in his own little way.
That, I believe, is who he would like to or imagines himself talking to. I wonder if that is the case? And if it is the case I wonder if they actually HEAR the message?

FireMen2003 said:
We did have one. I missed him on Nightline but I heard he held his own pretty good...
I thought he kind of stammered a bit and was a bit unclear and a pinch on the defensive at the beginning but in the end I think he pulled it out. I wonder how much flack he got on that episode. Now that I think of it, Google is my friend and so I think I will do a little search!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.