TiVo Community Forum banner
281 - 294 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I usually love Robert Rodriguez's stuff, and think most of what Jon Favreau has done to be at least pretty decent to excellent..

However..

I honestly think TBoBF to be one of the moist pointless shows I have ever seen considering the story of the title character. Like they could've just not done this show, then just kept the stuff with Din Djarin for the season 3 of the Mandolorain and still show Mando help Boba Fett save his criminal empire, and I feel it wouldve had the same emotional effect and told the story of a character they actually made likeable and compelling. Anything involving the title character was "fine" at its best. I'm just amazed Disney/Lucas Film were like "Yeah, lets have Boba Fett become a crime boss on the tough planet of Tattooine, but make him an underdog with a conscience, also not actually do any criminal/bad guy stuff" and though that was a winning story..

If this was what Disney thinks is hardcore enough I find story like these laughable and makes me worried if they do decide to bring Daredevil back.
https://www.reddit.com/r/television/comments/sqq877

·
I am Groot!
64,377 Posts
Well, there's probably a difference between what LucasFilm thinks is hardcore and what Marvel thinks is hardcore...probably a pretty big difference.

And Disney seems to be pretty willing to let LucasFilm be LucasFilm, and Marvel be Marvel.

·
Now with flavor!
2,245 Posts
In other words, it's better for Disney+ subscriber numbers if Grogu remains a recurring star of The Mandalorian.
Better for the merch and toysales too.

Saw a Grogu vinyl decal on a car this past weekend. Fast work for a show that's barely two years old.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
Better for the merch and toysales too.

Saw a Grogu vinyl decal on a car this past weekend. Fast work for a show that's barely two years old.
Really? I've seen Grogu stuff since the very first season. It's pretty much all over the place. Heck, I could get a Grogu toy for my dogs!

·
Sci-Fi Junkie
38,775 Posts
What a mess this was! The Fett stuff was boring and just not well done or well written. I was ready to stop watching when it became S3 of the Mandolorian and actually got better. I hesitate to say it got good. It was closer to a meh episode of The Mandolorian than a good one!

·
Registered
12,924 Posts
I’m a huge Star Wars fan but I just finished this last night and have to say it was just bad.

Boring, pointless and just not well done.

The entirety of the last chapter was one of the worst directed action scenes I’ve seen in a long time. Was it filmed in slow motion?

This ridiculousness pretty much sums it up. I guess I can’t post a video but this guy spinning around before shooting made me pause I was laughing so hard.

And not in a good way like when Mando exclaimed “Wizard!”after testing out the Naboo fighter.

Performing arts Entertainment Sky Window Event

·
Kermie Loves Elmo
8,225 Posts
I just watched the whole series and finished a couple days ago. It was rough getting through the first half. It was drawn out and boring. The Boba Fett actor was just horrible. He he was stone faced or grimaced when doing any exertion. When it changed to the Mandalorian it was much better. :)

281 - 294 of 294 Posts