TiVo Community Forum banner
261 - 280 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
20,106 Posts
And when they were sent in, the Pike soldiers stood in front of them out in the open. At least stand behind the shield.

Cad Bane was around 71 in this episode. He’s still amazingly a better gunslinger as seen here, but at that age, no matter how skilled he is, he’s not going to do well in hand to hand combat.
Tell that to Yoda!

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
If there is a season 2, Fett needs a new job. He wanted to be a crime boss, but he didn't want to do any crime. I get they wanted him to be a good guy, but they had him in the wrong profession. Should've stayed a bounty hunter and decided to only go after bad guys.

Also, different actor or keep the helmet on and have a young guy doing everything except the few times his helmet comes off, then it could be Morrison.

·
Roller coaster addict :)
12,376 Posts
Questions for those of us who didn't watch the cartoons..

Who are the Syndicate? Should I know who they are?

What is spice? Other than a heavily influenced Dune macguffin...
The Pyke Syndicate is a drug-running cartel. You don't need to know more than that. Definite MacGuffin... and any powdery/spice-ish substance can act as "spice"! It's also a great word to say with a foreign accent... "spiiiiiiice" sounds positively dirty. :)

·
Cat God
17,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·
The Pyke Syndicate is a drug-running cartel. You don't need to know more than that. Definite MacGuffin... and any powdery/spice-ish substance can act as "spice"! It's also a great word to say with a foreign accent... "spiiiiiiice" sounds positively dirty. :)
Spice actually goes back to A New Hope or at least the Han Solo film. The Kessel run was smuggling spice.

·
wait.. I did what?
15,133 Posts
I thought Vancouver was the Vancouver of planets...

Seems like most every planet looks like Vancouver, anyway.
I gave Continuum lots of props for not only filming in Vancouver, but saying they were in Vancouver :)

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
I didn't think to stick around for the mid-credits scene.

So Luke just decided to pack Grogu into an X-Wing and send him to Mando with no notice? Doesn't seem like the most mentor-like thing to do.

I was a little surprised that Grogu let Mando get the living poop beat out of him by the Rancor before stepping in.

Cad Bane's mouth creeped me out.

Mando and Grogu saved this show. I wonder when the writers/developers realized that this version of Boba Fett was too uninspiring to carry the show to its conclusion. Maybe they always intended the show to be the way it was broadcast but it sure looks (to me) like some serious tweaking happened after the early episodes.
My thought is that this was considered to be a continuation of the story of Mando. It's a "book" in that series, that centered somewhat around Boba Fett. Thus it's called what it was called. When you think of this series as a whole, that's exactly what it was. Why they didn't just continue it as another season of Mando is beyond me.

·
I am Groot!
64,377 Posts
My thought is that this was considered to be a continuation of the story of Mando. It's a "book" in that series, that centered somewhat around Boba Fett. Thus it's called what it was called. When you think of this series as a whole, that's exactly what it was. Why they didn't just continue it as another season of Mando is beyond me.
Not enough Mando for that...

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
Not enough Mando for that...
Obviously that could have been rectified if that was the plan. The whole episode where Mando goes to buy the racer could have been interspersed throughout the first few episodes for example.

I haven't read the the whole thread yet, but, with Grogu showing off is powers of the Force, I wonder if Mando sends him back to Luke, realizing that's where he belongs. We know originally that's why he brought him there in the first place. But, with that said, canon says that Ben Solo was Luke's first student, so not really sure what happens with Grogu.

·
Roller coaster addict :)
12,376 Posts
Obviously that could have been rectified if that was the plan. The whole episode where Mando goes to buy the racer could have been interspersed throughout the first few episodes for example.
The back and forth storytelling with Boba Fett was hard enough to digest. Adding Mando in would have been too much. And as you said, this is Boba Fett's "chapter" in the Mando story, so the more Fett/less Mando the better.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I haven't read the the whole thread yet, but, with Grogu showing off is powers of the Force, I wonder if Mando sends him back to Luke, realizing that's where he belongs. We know originally that's why he brought him there in the first place. But, with that said, canon says that Ben Solo was Luke's first student, so not really sure what happens with Grogu.
Mando already saw Guru use the force when he lifted a (whatever it was called) in on of The Mandelorian episodes. Anyway, Luke gave Guru a choice and he choose Mando.

261 - 280 of 294 Posts