TiVo Community Forum banner
241 - 260 of 294 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,259 Posts
The thing I find strange about the badass giant robots is that they didn't fire their guns more...I had expected them to fire continuously (like the droidekas from Episode I), but they seemed to have spent most of their time just sitting there looking cool.
Not only that, their aim was horrible. Not just normally horrible, not storm trooper horrible, but obvious "we could wipe you all out, but the plot demands the fight go on and on horrible".

Oh, and I guess the other thing is that I thought that after the guns first appeared, we saw a guy who appeared to be controlling them---maybe that was just my imagination---and having seen that, I expected that the guns' demise would be related to taking out that guy...
I really thought that's what they were angling at, an then that didn't seem to be what they were angling at. But I had the same thought.

·
Meh.
43,352 Posts
Too bad they went with fan service in casting Boba, instead of finding somebody who would be plausible as a bad-ass killing machine...
Queen Latifah is a more believable bad-ass killing machine on The Equalizer than Temeura Morrison is as Boba Fett. I feel that Fenic Shand was a much more compelling and interesting character.

Overall, I give this series a C. Enjoyable and interesting in parts but way too much "stand around and talk" .

·
I am Groot!
64,377 Posts
Queen Latifah is a more believable bad-ass killing machine on The Equalizer than Temeura Morrison is as Boba Fett. I feel that Fenic Shand was a much more compelling and interesting character.
And as I said before, in his younger days Morrison was an absolute MONSTER. The Temuera Morrison of Once Were Warriors would be a sensational bad-ass killing machine of a Boba Fett.

But his younger days are decades behind him. Once Were Warriors was 1994. And he just hasn't aged well.

·
Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder
44,452 Posts
After the first episode, I think I read somewhere that of the top 5 or 6 billed actors, the youngest was like 58 years old.

It is very possible I'm spreading misinformation here. :)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Well that was a whelming finale`. at least we had Chekhov's gaderffii stick and Rancor. I loved how the Rancor was both Godzilla and King Kong in one beast. Cool call back to ROTJ with the Rancor eating the Pike Syndicate guy. There were a lot of callbacks and easter eggs in this episode.

I'll admit I was half expecting R2 to come flying in with Grogu in the X-wing and wing tip blasters going to help save the day.

I wonder if Grogu is going to have a battle with not turning to the dark side in Mando S3 seeing as he's had some training and is now pretty vulnerable to the pull of the dark side. I was disappointed that they didn't use the Force theme when Grogu pulled teh bolt or whatever from teh droid and put the Rancor to sleep.

I'm glad this is over. Now on to Obi-Wan in May.

·
Cat God
17,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
What I found strange was that the scorpion droids weren’t sent in first ;)
And when they were sent in, the Pike soldiers stood in front of them out in the open. At least stand behind the shield.

Was also disappointed Cad Bane was killed. No way Boba would have won that battle...glad its over...
Cad Bane was around 71 in this episode. He’s still amazingly a better gunslinger as seen here, but at that age, no matter how skilled he is, he’s not going to do well in hand to hand combat.

·
WDW Fan
15,435 Posts
Too bad they went with fan service in casting Boba, instead of finding somebody who would be plausible as a bad-ass killing machine...
I think the casting was fine when the first cast him to show up as a special guest in The Mandalorian as an aging bounty hunter trying to get back his armor.

When they then pivoted him to his own series as an active Lord Fett it really fell apart.

241 - 260 of 294 Posts