TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Cat God
17,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there’s a episode 1 thread, but we are already 2 episodes in and barely anything has happened. Might as well get a thread with traffic as I feel people will forget to start a thread some weeks.

The first 5 minutes of the episode 2 was fairly decent, before it descended into Star Wars: Drivers Ed and Dances with lizogs (lizard dogs). The train action wasn’t enough to redeem it.

·
Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder
44,452 Posts
I really don't understand why Boba is hanging out with the Tusken Raiders. I mean they beat the crap out of him. Made him sit in the desert sun. Drug him around by chains. He saves a kid's life, they give him a melon of water, and now he's their best friend.

Why doesn't he just leave. He went to get those speeder bikes. Just leave. Anyone feel like they've given a reason for him sticking with this group? Maybe he doesn't feel like he has anywhere else to go.

·
TV MA SLV
28,018 Posts
I really don't understand why Boba is hanging out with the Tusken Raiders. I mean they beat the crap out of him. Made him sit in the desert sun. Drug him around by chains. He saves a kid's life, they give him a melon of water, and now he's their best friend.

Why doesn't he just leave. He went to get those speeder bikes. Just leave. Anyone feel like they've given a reason for him sticking with this group? Maybe he doesn't feel like he has anywhere else to go.
At the time probably training to become a better bounty hunter. Learning hand to hand combat. Maybe to avoid his dads fate.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,146 Posts
I'm really digging on this back story on Boba

It's like I am reading a book about his life
I agree. I'm enjoying it too.
I really hope you guys are being sincere, because I truly am. And from reading peoples' posts you would think they were watching a completely different show, I've really enjoyed the first two episodes. We're seeing other aspects of Tattoine, it's only a matter of time before Watto shows up, or at least someone of his race.

·
Meh.
43,352 Posts
I found nothing interesting about the Tusken. Maybe if a couple of them became his bodyguards when he became Daimyo I'd care but that didn't happen.

You'd think the Tusken would have vandalized the train tracks by now.

If I can get past Queen Latifah kicking peoples' asses on The Equalizer I guess I can ignore the extreme unathleticism of Temuera Morrison's fight scenes.

It's like they didn't bother at all trying to make the sign language look meaningful.

How many episodes in this series? Unless the Tusken play a big part later on, this episode feels mostly wasted, to me.

·
Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder
44,452 Posts
I like the show. I'd rather watch this than 99.99% of the stuff out there. I just find the Tusken Raider stuff to not be the most interesting thing. I know Boba will come across Fennec out in the desert at some point. Maybe he turns the Tuskens into a force that allows him to take over Jabbas' old territory and catch us up to the future timeline. I'm hoping that later episodes allow us to appreciate this early Tusken stuff more.

Heard an interesting comment on a podcast yesterday. In A New Hope, Obi Wan said that blaster marks were too precise for sand people. Then in this last Boba episode, they are picking off dudes on a rocket train. Seems they've been doing some target practice over the years. :)

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,146 Posts
Heard an interesting comment on a podcast yesterday. In A New Hope, Obi Wan said that blaster marks were too precise for sand people. Then in this last Boba episode, they are picking off dudes on a rocket train. Seems they've been doing some target practice over the years. :)
He actually said, "Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise," which just goes to show how much Obi knew about precision.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,146 Posts
I think if the Imperial Stormtroopers ever fought Stargate's Ja'fa nobody would ever get shot.
It's probably time for Ja'fa to get a new weapon. Their guns and shootable staffs are bizarre.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,897 Posts
If I can get past Queen Latifah kicking peoples' asses on The Equalizer I guess I can ignore the extreme unathleticism of Temuera Morrison's fight scenes.

It's like they didn't bother at all trying to make the sign language look meaningful.

How many episodes in this series? Unless the Tusken play a big part later on, this episode feels mostly wasted, to me.
I finally quit The Equalizer (and I love me some Queen). My mind couldn't handle her being a CIA tough girl.

Loved the sign language (he said with sarcasm). Boba would say "We're going to hijack that fast train with speeders", while his hand just made a horizontal line. Yeah, got it (PS: more sarcasm). As a deaf person who's around a lot of sign language, but doesn't speak it, I know what it should look like. Not that. :rolleyes:

Agree on the wasted episodes concerns. We seem to be spending a lot of time on scenes that would only be worth watching if they are needed to set up the current day. But if so, they need to do a better job of tying it all together.

There's a split in viewer ratings. Half of us here like it, half have concerns. Which compared to (for example) The Mandalorian's 90% approval, doesn't bode well.

·
Cat God
17,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There's a split in viewer ratings. Half of us here like it, half have concerns. Which compared to (for example) The Mandalorian's 90% approval, doesn't bode well.
I think the problem is that, unlike The Mandalorian, there's no hook other than "it's Boba Fett, so it must be cool".

The Mandalorian had some snail paced episodes that seemed to go nowhere too, but I overlooked them because I was interested in the characters.

I just really don't have much interest in what Boba Fett is doing at this point and the show isn't really doing anything to peak my interest.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
2nd episode was better than the 1st, but not by much. a couple of things that stuck out and seemed wrong to me.
1: The Banthas seem too damn small compared to what we saw in ANH.
2: The Gamorrean guards seem much more trim and fit than they did in RotJ. There they were much chunkier.

As soon as the chief gave Boba that training gaderffii I knew that each Tuskan made their own and it was a rite of passage and that Boba would have to make one. Lo and behold he has a Star Wars version of a Navajo peyote ritual (albeit with a lizard) and returns from the desert with a stick. As soon as I saw that I knew for sure...

This story is fairly predictable and of lesser quality storywise than the 1st two seasons of The Mandalorian. My only question is if we'll see the Tuskens without a helmet at any time in the series. What next, we delve into the lifestyles of the poor Jawas? I think it would've been better to leave the sand people as mysterious and not find out about their culture.

And Boba has been softened up too much.

1 - 20 of 294 Posts