TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Just a boring dude
32,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else watch this? I found it on Hulu.
I really enjoyed it and was immediately sent back to my teenage years in a kitchen as a dishwasher.
Really accurate portrayal of what those people are like.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I liked some episodes, hated the one with the music soundtrack throughout the ep (the one that stared with Bear dreaming he had a cooking show)

…and just think, all of Bears problems would have been avoided had he not taken the spaghetti dish off the menu 😉

·
Premium Member
16,490 Posts
I have a plan to watch, as it sounds interesting. Probably the main draw for me was JA White, as the star, having seen him on Shameless. I don't think I'd seen him in anything else and it interests me to see his range.

My problem is that I don't find myself wanting to go to streaming as much as I'd like. I tend to prefer being able to record something and watch it from there. Need to work on that! :)

·
With an "L"
4,282 Posts
I would like to know why Michael borrowed all that money only to seal it into the cans.
It's a ludicrous plot point that inartfully sets up storyline advancement for S2 without having any grounding in reality. It's made me loathe to recommend the show, my enjoyment of the rest of it aside.

·
witless and unarmed
16,783 Posts
I have a plan to watch, as it sounds interesting. Probably the main draw for me was JA White, as the star, having seen him on Shameless. I don't think I'd seen him in anything else and it interests me to see his range.
I'd never seen him in anything (that I recall at least - never watched Shameless) and he was fantastic in this. He has a monologue effectively to camera unbroken for several minutes at the start of the last episode that is particularly incredible. I highly recommend the show.

·
Premium Member
11,038 Posts
We ,oved it and the attention to detail. My wife is from Chicago and Italian and it really clicked for her.

·
witless and unarmed
16,783 Posts
Made it through 80% of episode 7 and had to bail. Just way too much yelling and agita. If y’all tell me the finale is awesome, I suppose I can power through.
I thought the whole show was tremendous especially episode 7 and the finale is also stellar. But if it’s not for you it’s not for you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts