TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Drew != Drawn
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else cheer when Jordan addressed the crowd in the hallway and didn't whisper? I did. :)

This is certainly getting more interesting. Maya's lying now, Diana's questioning which side she's on, Shawn is clearly outside of Jordan's sphere of influence now, and Meghan is clearly making a play for Tom.

I just have two questions about the "barriers" that Jordan's people constructed: What's the power source, and why weren't there any along the water line?

OK, a third question. What good is being invisible if you can't move while invisible??? Talk about a lame power! :p

·
Drew != Drawn
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kamakzie said:
Surveillance is about the only practical use..
:p Yeah, surveillance where you have to walk in visible, and then go invisible only when you're ready to stop moving! King of a weak point if you can be seen while trying to get to your surveillance post!

·
No More TiVo :-(
10,772 Posts
drew2k said:
I just have two questions about the "barriers" that Jordan's people constructed: What's the power source, and why weren't there any along the water line?
I wondered that too ... why not just storm the place from the harbor? I figure the lights are just symbolic to show people where the line is, and it's really a 4400 creating the barrier? Sorta like the white flags I used to train my dogs where the underground electric radio fence was. :)

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
drew2k said:
What good is being invisible if you can't move while invisible??? Talk about a lame power! :p
It's not as bad as Kyle's power. His power is basically an invisible woman who tells him what to do and doesn't sleep with him. Kyle's power is an invisible wife. :D

I enjoyed this episode as well. They are definitely back on track.

As for the barrier, here are some thoughts.

1- they might not need a barrier at the water because the have something else protecting that, or the barrier isn't there and NTAC just doesn't know about it.

2- At the end they showed a woman who could disable electronics. So maybe NTAC knew that and didn't bother trying to send a robot in. Or they tried and failed we just didn't see it. Besides a robot would be a huge announcement. "HERE WE COME!!!!!!"

I loved the retaliation being taking more land.

·
Swarley
562 Posts
pkscout said:
It's not as bad as Kyle's power. His power is basically an invisible woman who tells him what to do and doesn't sleep with him. Kyle's power is an invisible wife. :D
That's hilarious. I almost spit out my coffee!

And I totally agree on the taking more land-as-retribution thing. I thought it was a much better/smarter way to go than starting a war.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I think the lights are the barrier as the "enhanced soldier" did something that made them go out and then they could pass through them.

Why didn't the police stay back 100 feet or so and just shoot the people carrying the lights?

This is one of those things that is pretty neat as long as you don't look too deeply into it.

I really like the way this show is going this season. :up: :up:

·
Let's Go Flyers!
3,134 Posts
Timbeau said:
Why didn't the police stay back 100 feet or so and just shoot the people carrying the lights?

I really like the way this show is going this season. :up: :up:
It's possible the lights create some sort of physical barrier. They could have just had a team rappel down from a helicopter into the perimeter if the only effect of the lights was being disoriented when getting physically close to them.

I also like the show's direction this season. It's been a fun ride and I'm really curious to see what happens to Tom.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Since a river is FLOWING water, wouldn't that woman need to spend the rest of her life in there cleaning it, as the pollution keeps constantly flowing from upstream?

Maya's becoming a pretty tricky young woman, isn't she? Can anyone trust a liar who predicts the future? Cassandra complex anyone?

Do all those banners of Jordan seem a little egocentric, or are they there for another reason? The camera has shown them in a way that makes me think there is more to them than just publicity.

·
I am Groot!
57,981 Posts
Church AV Guy said:
Do all those banners of Jordan seem a little egocentric, or are they there for another reason? The camera has shown them in a way that makes me think there is more to them than just publicity.
It seems as though the eyes move from time to time...

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Church AV Guy said:
Since a river is FLOWING water, wouldn't that woman need to spend the rest of her life in there cleaning it, as the pollution keeps constantly flowing from upstream?
No, no, no, she cleaned it all the way up to and including the source and all the way downstream. ;) :D

Church AV Guy said:
Maya's becoming a pretty tricky young woman, isn't she? Can anyone trust a liar who predicts the future? Cassandra complex anyone?
Good point. Usually when someone lies to us we put more effort into judging if what they say is true. With Maya there's no way for people to evaluate what she says. It has to be either blindly believe or not believe.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Rob Helmerichs said:
It seems as though the eyes move from time to time...
I'm glad you saw that because that is what I thought I was seeing. I'm not sure if that implies some sort of surveillance system, or just a really creepy special effect, but I'm convince that moving eyes is what I saw.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.