TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TCF Bookie
9,629 Posts
Can't say I'm surprised to see that this thread degenerated into a slew of "I'm sooooo much more knowledgeable than the contestants" posts :rolleyes:

I enjoyed the contest, other than the boring interviews after the rounds.
I was rooting for Twisted Misters...although the Angus Young character didn't contribute much of anything. I was surprised to see Wocka Wocka get absolutely smoked.
I didn't know any of the 2006 songs, but I think they were absolutely correct to include the category...it IS, after all supposed to be the entirety of pop culture, even if 80% of it is disappointingly 80's related.
Time to go for broke on Trivia Dome tonight...made it through 23 of the 24 questions the other night before not being sure which GNR song was playing in Cape Fear...but when I missed I was at 3:20 and the winner got all 24 right in a ridiculous ~2:25.
Perhaps it was 24/25...can't remember off the top of my head.

·
TCF Bookie
9,629 Posts
A lot of the TV was 90's based...a ton of the movies were from the 80's though, along with a raging slab of the music.
It was an enjoyable event, I wouldn't mind more of it. It's not particularly difficult, otherwise I doubt people would like it as much.
I don't watch Lost, so I would have been hosed in that Tiebreaker, and there were other tiebreakers I would have struggled mightily in as well.

If anybody is interested...tonight's $10K Trivia Dome winner answered all 50 questions in ~3:30, which is a ridiculous ~4.2 seconds per question to read it, locate the answer, and click on it...that seems a bit fishy to me, but hey.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.