TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· bUU
9,953 Posts
One of the forums I visit is a Disney theme parks-oriented forum. A discussion started this week about Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Well, the moderator chimes in after a bit and warns that the film is very much not in the spirit of the forum (too "racy"), and that he was considering removing the thread... :rolleyes:

· bUU
9,953 Posts
Why do women insist on becoming skeletons. It's disgusting.
I think she looks great. There are plenty of fatter women out there, if that's your preference...
I agree. I think many Americans have a very warped sense of what is and isn't healthy, a reflection of their irrational reaction to actual cases of anorexia and bulimia, and especially as an irrational counter-reaction to obesity.

The ideal weight range for someone Kristen Bell's height and age is 102 - 112 pounds. My guess is that Bell is probably somewhere in the 104-106 range -- healthy, as opposed to most Americans.

Many people are shocked about what is and isn't really healthy, because they're so used to seeing heavier people, as most Americans are so overweight. See a few ribs and immediately many people assume that someone is underweight. It just isn't true.

And we're not talking about cosmetic appearance. We're talking about health. Perhaps what people are reacting to is actually seeing Kristen Bell in a bikini. Perhaps what these folks really want is for her to keep covered up, perhaps because she represents a body that they themselves acknowledge as being almost impossible (given all the temptations and conditions of our overweight-prone society) to achieve and maintain. (Not how this societal realities have nothing to do with physiology.)

· bUU
9,953 Posts
The weight charts were made by insurance companies so they could claim everyone is overweight and charge higher premiums.
No. The weight charts made by the insurance companies show weight ranges that are significantly above that which medical experts consider a healthy weight range.

You're way off, and your comments are harmful to anyone who believes what you've written.

· bUU
9,953 Posts
And yes I agree that movie was paid entirely by Royal Caribbean Cruise line........ A step up from Carnival Cruise where it's practically a booze cruise for people who wanted to pay the least to be there and be as drunk as possible.
The booziness of a cruise seems to be driven by the length of the cruise more than the cruise line. Carnival has a much larger percentage of short cruises from Florida and the Gulf Coast than Royal Caribbean, so that fosters the reputation to which you referred. I recently went on a full week cruise on Carnival, and while the passengers were more friendly and the atmosphere was a bit more "festive" than on Royal Caribbean, it was nothing compared to the really short cruises on Carnival.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.