TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me join everyone here in thanking David Bott and all of his associates, past and present, for over seven years of dedication to the TiVo Community and particularly this forum. Now that the torch is being passed to new owners you will all be missed (Even though you'll stick around for a while...it just won't be the same.)

Words can't express how fortunate we have been to have had someone with the vision to know way back then that there would be such interest in what was then unheard of technology. And more importantly that tens of thousands of people would need a place to go to share, discuss, cuss, rant, rave, joke and laugh about it. Job well done.

Thanks to one and all for your hard work and the very best of luck on all of your new [ad]ventures! Consider this a GIANT :up:

·
Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
Thanks for everything!

·
Domestic Extremist
16,877 Posts
richsadams said:
Nice job! :up: :up: :up: David, you should print a copy of this!

I, too, thank David for starting this place. I've spent many years here, laughing, joking, sharing my life. I was honored when he asked me to be a mod. I said yes, because I believe in the power of online communities, and I wanted to help the best one I'd ever been part of.

His vision flourished, and he created a home away from home for many of us, and I thank him for keeping it going for so many years.

Cheers to you, David! :up:

·
Mouse Master
6,966 Posts
David, I know you've taken a lot of flack all the years, but I know we all really appreciate all of the hard work you put into this place. It truly is the definition of an online community; I've made friendships here that I have no doubt will be lifelong. Good luck in whatever your next venture is!

·
TV MA SLV
21,584 Posts
Thanks David. One of my fondest memories of the last 7 1/2 years of Tivo Community is David showing up as a surprise guest at the 1st Tc Con.

I've met a lot of good friends here, and i'm glad this place was part of the reason I first got a Tivo 7 years ago.

-smak-

·
^^MacGvyer^^
4,041 Posts
Both good and not as good news... good for you David, this has been the best online community there is! Not as good for us losing you, but hopefully it stays as active and great as it is right now!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.