TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 273 Posts

· Excellent.
23,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With season two only a week away, it's probably time to get the new season thread going. Untagged spoilers allowed as per the thread title, but if you are the first to post about the newest weekly episode, please preface your post with a bold spoiler warning, e.g.

*** SPOILERS FOR S02E0X "Episode Title" FROM THIS POINT ***

This will allow viewers who are watching later (you monsters) to participate in the thread as they watch without being spoiled for episodes they've not yet seen. Thanks for your consideration.

· Excellent.
23,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I couldn't help it, and read them. For anyone on the fence, I'll say:

• Apple didn't give out the whole season for review, so there isn't any discussion in ether review about where things head.
  • If you've seen either of the season trailers, you know some plot points that are generally discussed in these reviews.
  • There are a few additional storylines mentioned. Not what happens in them, but what they are.

Overall I didn't feel especially spoiled by either review, so they are safe to read if you want a general overview and opinions on the new season, with some insights into what the characters are up to. But if you don't want to know anything at all, stay away.

· Registered
3,610 Posts
I was wondering, who the hell is Earl. Now I know.

I forgot they slow roll the episodes one per week (I watched S1 late so I binged). How many languages does the doc -- sorry, doctor -- speak? Wonder is she'll talk to Ted in whatever accent he's trying to pull off.

· All About Footwork
29,902 Posts
Wouldn't they just do over the PK? I wish the ball had hit the post and then hit the dog, cause then there wouldn't be any question about what would happen.

For the record, I didn't bother to check the FIFA rulebook :p

· Seasoned gas passer
12,206 Posts
Wouldn't they just do over the PK? I wish the ball had hit the post and then hit the dog, cause then there wouldn't be any question about what would happen.

I haven't checked either, but I recently saw a video of a goal that deflected off a huge ball that had entered the playing field...and it counted.

· Registered
2,877 Posts

The rulebook isn't well written, but it would appear the official would stop play and restart with a drop ball. And if they were out of extra time, then the drop of the ball would have ended the game.

"stop play (and restart with a dropped ball) only if it interferes with play unless the ball is going into the goal and the interference does not prevent a defending player playing the ball, the goal is awarded if the ball enters the goal (even if contact was made with the ball) unless the interference was by the attacking team."

Law 5 - The Referee

Now we can spend the next 50 posts arguing about this. '-)

· Seasoned gas passer
12,206 Posts
The rulebook isn't well written, but it would appear the official would stop play and restart with a drop ball. And if they were out of extra time, then the drop of the ball would have ended the game.

"stop play (and restart with a dropped ball) only if it interferes with play unless the ball is going into the goal and the interference does not prevent a defending player playing the ball, the goal is awarded if the ball enters the goal (even if contact was made with the ball) unless the interference was by the attacking team."

Law 5 - The Referee

Now we can spend the next 50 posts arguing about this. '-)
And, from that rule book --

an extra ball, other object or animal enters the field of play during the match, the referee must:
  • stop play (and restart with a dropped ball) only if it interferes with play unless the ball is going into the goal and the interference does not prevent a defending player playing the ball, the goal is awarded if the ball enters the goal (even if contact was made with the ball) unless unless the interference was by the attacking team

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,043 Posts
And, from that rule book --

an extra ball, other object or animal enters the field of play during the match, the referee must:
  • stop play (and restart with a dropped ball) only if it interferes with play unless the ball is going into the goal and the interference does not prevent a defending player playing the ball, the goal is awarded if the ball enters the goal (even if contact was made with the ball) unless unless the interference was by the attacking team
Ummmmm, you responded to his post by quoting the exact rule that he included in his post. What's your point?

1 - 20 of 273 Posts