1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Admin feel free to move this if it should be elsewhere

Present issues with newly installed TE4

1. schedule slides sideways in 2 hr increments
2. after selecting on the channels I receive the tivo still shows all channels on the screen
3. after selecting all my received channels as favorites the tivo still shows all channels on the screen

Is there any sane way for returning to TE3? Have read that a hard reset may work to put it back on TE3? how about removing my larger HDD and reinstalling the original 500gb HDD. Doing a hard reset. then swaping my old HDD back in?

Running ROAMIO oTA series 5
version21.10.2.v20-846-6-846

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,220 Posts
The re-install to TE3 is to do Guided Setup (or CD&E), 2 :thumbsdown: (not 3), then 2 REW (I think) then enter.

You would lose everything and start anew.

Changing hard drives will not reset the OS, its on an internal flash.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not trying to be argumentative but if i swap my present hdd (which has all my programs NOT the os/ui) with the original hdd( came with tivo) do the guided setup then swap back would not the old disk be readable since nothing changed really. Assuming (bad to do) the old os will read the programs off the disk

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Admin feel free to move this if it should be elsewhere
Present issues with newly installed TE4
1. schedule slides sideways in 2 hr increments
2. after selecting on the channels I receive the tivo still shows all channels on the screen
3. after selecting all my received channels as favorites the tivo still shows all channels on the screen
Is there any sane way for returning to TE3? Have read that a hard reset may work to put it back on TE3? how about removing my larger HDD and reinstalling the original 500gb HDD. Doing a hard reset. then swaping my old HDD back in?
Everything posted is true, but to rollback: How to Rollback Hydra from Roamio and Mini's v1

As soon as you change drives and power on, TiVo considers the drive as "new", so it is formatted. There is no "history" of previous drives, so it's a wipe. Also, some TE4 boxes can not be sent back to TE3. I know it's OTA boxes, but I'm not sure which ones.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
As stated, 2) and 3) are easily solved by pressing A to change guide options.

Not sure I understand 1) but is it that when you FF and REW in the guide it advances two hours? Is this really a big deal? What did TE3 do?

·
covert opiniative
2,190 Posts
not trying to be argumentative but if i swap my present hdd (which has all my programs NOT the os/ui) with the original hdd( came with tivo) do the guided setup then swap back would not the old disk be readable since nothing changed really. Assuming (bad to do) the old os will read the programs off the disk
No. Roamio and later models contain internal SSD storing some indexing data for HD used.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I have seen this a million times. Someone on TE3 installs TE4, gets total amnesia about how TE3 worked and declares that TE4 sucks despite the fact that it's exactly the same in TE3.

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,220 Posts
No. Roamio and later models contain internal SSD storing some indexing data for HD used.
No. Bolts will erase the drive contents when it detects another hard drive that is not within its internal "catalog" (your indexing data) as well as that catalog. Swapping back the previous drive will erase that also.

Roamio does not do that nor contain any index data.

There are not even on an internal SSD, its internal flash memory.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.